MBPI/Dealer Services

Old October 20th 04, 12:20 AM
jeslawrence

Default MBPI/Dealer Services

I have been contacted by `Dealer Services' offering extended warranty -
bumper-to-bumper - for my Passat which is now out of warranty... they
advertise on the website mbpnetwork.com... and I have no knowledge of them
or their service... has anyone any experience with them? thanks, J

Old October 20th 04, 01:31 AM
Paul

As a technician in a dealership (7 years Chevrolet, 2 VW), I deal with ALL
KINDS of extended warranties - and aside from the manufacturer "certified"
warranties, MBPI seems to be the best - by far. I'm not sure what you mean
by "dealer services" - didn't see anything about them when I glanced at the
website. But I bought an MBPI E.W. when I bought my '00 TDI Jetta - they
don't seem to try to "weasel out" of covering components, they are fair to
the technicians with their labor times/rates, and they cover a LOT of stuff,
depending on the level of coverage you buy.

Old October 20th 04, 02:50 AM
Woodchuck

hey Paul, e-mail me I got something you may be interested in! A meeting
place for ONLY VW techs.

m...

Old October 20th 04, 04:50 AM
Kent

Hey! Can't the rest of us losers know the secret handshake?! You'd think
that maintaining my own VW for 18 years (with lots of help from this group
of course) would give me some clout! ; )

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 221,500+ miles

Old October 20th 04, 11:42 PM
Woodchuck

I may open the forums to the public later this year but in order to cover
the ISP bandwidth & database expense it will be a paid service. Are you
still interested?

Old October 21st 04, 03:27 AM
Kent

Need you ask? I'm the frugal DIYer (aka cheap control freak) who drives an
18 year old VW, remember? I was just yanking your chain though. I wish you
luck with this service.

--
Kent
1987 VW GTI 8V, original owner, 221,600+ miles