FS: 1967 VW Sports Car

Old May 31st 05, 08:22 PM
Stephen Neely

Default FS: 1967 VW Sports Car

Subject: FS: 1967 Karmann Ghia

This is a 1967 VW Karmann Ghia coupe.

It is newly restored, new paint, very reliable, and beautiful.
I took the unibody off the frame to restore, everything is clean.

Through the restoration I touched EVERYTHING on the car. body, frame, new
paint, new wiring harness, new glass, new carpet, new tires, new brake
system (brake lines, calipers, wheel cylinders), whole new front end, new
shocks, and MANY other parts all new.

It has a new 1600cc engine in it installed this month. The new engine has
less than 100 miles on it.

I am only selling because I have found another classic car (actually a
truck) to restore and am hoping to sell the Ghia to finance that project.

If you are interested at all I hope you will click this link to see some
pictures.
<http://homepage.mac.com/neelyhouse/Ghia/PhotoAlbum12.html>

1967 was the perfect year for the Karmann Ghia.
-It is the 1st year for the 12 volt electrical system (so you can put a
modern stereo or charge your cell phone in it)
-It is the 1st year for front disk brakes.
-It is the last year that had the beautiful slim parking lights. In 1968
they changed the style to the more boxy lights of the 70's cars.
-It is the last year that the gas fill up tube/cap is still under the front
hood. You have to pop the hood to fill up with gas.

This is a very rare car in great condition. It has been garage kept ever
since the restoration.

If you are interested, please call me at home, I'd love to show off the
car.

Stephen Neely
412-916-3309
Pittsburgh, PA

note: this is an antique which means that if you get an antique license
plate for it, you will never need to pay for inspection or emissions ever
again. and if you get antique auto insurance for it, you could be crusing
around town in your new sporty little car for about $100 a year (yes, a
year) in insurance. at these rates you will be able to afford to put the
high octane gas in the tank.

Old May 31st 05, 09:49 PM
Remco

Stephen Neely wrote:
> Subject: FS: 1967 Karmann Ghia
>

> This is a 1967 VW Karmann Ghia coupe.
>
> It is newly restored, new paint, very reliable, and beautiful.
> I took the unibody off the frame to restore, everything is clean.
>
> Through the restoration I touched EVERYTHING on the car. body, frame, new
> paint, new wiring harness, new glass, new carpet, new tires, new brake
> system (brake lines, calipers, wheel cylinders), whole new front end, new
> shocks, and MANY other parts all new.
>
> It has a new 1600cc engine in it installed this month. The new engine has
> less than 100 miles on it.
>
> I am only selling because I have found another classic car (actually a
> truck) to restore and am hoping to sell the Ghia to finance that project.
>
> If you are interested at all I hope you will click this link to see some
> pictures.
> <http://homepage.mac.com/neelyhouse/Ghia/PhotoAlbum12.html>
>
> 1967 was the perfect year for the Karmann Ghia.
> -It is the 1st year for the 12 volt electrical system (so you can put a
> modern stereo or charge your cell phone in it)
> -It is the 1st year for front disk brakes.
> -It is the last year that had the beautiful slim parking lights. In 1968
> they changed the style to the more boxy lights of the 70's cars.
> -It is the last year that the gas fill up tube/cap is still under the front
> hood. You have to pop the hood to fill up with gas.
>
> This is a very rare car in great condition. It has been garage kept ever
> since the restoration.
>

> If you are interested, please call me at home, I'd love to show off the
> car.
>
> Stephen Neely
> 412-916-3309
> Pittsburgh, PA
>

> note: this is an antique which means that if you get an antique license
> plate for it, you will never need to pay for inspection or emissions ever
> again. and if you get antique auto insurance for it, you could be crusing
> around town in your new sporty little car for about $100 a year (yes, a
> year) in insurance. at these rates you will be able to afford to put the
> high octane gas in the tank.

Nice job! You shouldn't have too much trouble selling it.
Is the truck Air Cooled too?

Old May 31st 05, 10:09 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Stephen Neely" > wrote in message

If you are interested, please call me at home, I'd love to show off the car.

an asking price would be nice to allow those that may be interested to know if they should bother calling....
Old June 1st 05, 01:31 AM
Bill Berckman

I would not exactly call that newly restored.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...TZp_besGfJmZGw

Old June 1st 05, 02:50 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Bill Berckman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I would not exactly call that newly restored.
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...TZp_besGfJmZGw

LOL..Bill...when i saw the pictures this is exactly what i thought..."is it
"creamy white" ?"....the memories....

Old June 1st 05, 04:53 AM
Dane Tyler

The "beautiful slim parking lights" comment is dead wrong. 1968 and
1969 Ghias had the same style as '67. For the 1970 model, Ghias got the
bigger front lights and also tail lights.

Old June 1st 05, 04:17 PM
Jan Andersson

Bill Berckman wrote:

> I would not exactly call that newly restored.
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...TZp_besGfJmZGw

I would not exactly call it a sports car

Jan