fog light bulb acess?

Old September 21st 04, 01:48 AM
Opuawest

Default fog light bulb acess?

Because Miatas are nearly invisible, I like to drive with headlights AND fog
lights on all the time. Problem is, the fogs last less than a year this way
and the manual says "see dealer", which I do, under warantee (it expires
soon!). I have an 02 SE snd it's not obvious how to get into them. Anyone
ever replace these themselves? How do you get at the bulbs?

Thanks,

Jay
02SE

Old September 21st 04, 05:31 AM
Chas Hurst

"Opuawest" > wrote in message
> Because Miatas are nearly invisible, I like to drive with headlights AND

fog
> lights on all the time.
> Jay
> 02SE

I thought only BMW drivers did that.

Old September 21st 04, 06:35 AM
Dana Myers

Opuawest wrote:
> Because Miatas are nearly invisible, I like to drive with headlights AND fog
> lights on all the time. Problem is, the fogs last less than a year this way
> and the manual says "see dealer", which I do, under warantee (it expires
> soon!).

Have you had your SE in for the recall regarding the fog lamps?
See: http://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/foglight_recall.html

> I have an 02 SE snd it's not obvious how to get into them. Anyone
> ever replace these themselves? How do you get at the bulbs?

I think it's from beneath, but I don't run my fog lamps unless
it's foggy. If you want to be more visible, you might scrounge
some "distinctive" headlamp bulbs like the Sylvania XS bulbs or
something, or even some cool blue bulbs.

You could also just pay a nice independent to do the work
for you, and get a warranty on the labor.

Dana