Well, there's $160 I may as well have just thrown in the street....

Old March 4th 05, 09:02 PM
twaldron

Default Well, there's $160 I may as well have just thrown in the street....

Ummm...return them? Are you sure you didn't order the wrong parts? I
think there are just door lowers and two piece doors, but I don't have a
5 so I don't pay attention to the specifics. Call Bestop directly and
tell them what you need.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old March 4th 05, 09:13 PM
Jeff Strickland

I have some soft doors for a CJ5. Where are you?

I have tan (spice) lowers for sure, and I should have a set of black uppers
and lowers hiding somewhere. I destroyed my soft top several years ago, and
never replaced it. The doors survived the ordeal, but they require a top to
be useful so they went into a long-forgotten corner of my garage. If you
want them, I can dig around the garage.

"bizbee" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> So, I order the bottom half of the doors for my CJ5 from Quadratec.
> About $160. I have a Bestop top, and recently replaced the door
> windows. The Velcro finally gave it up, so I figured I'd buy new
> doors.
> Surprise. the new doors apparently aren't made with Velcro hooks on
> them anymore. Not a big problem, I get some Velcro and put the hook
> strip on the door. Then it dawns on me... there's no holes drilled for
> the window frame to fit into the door frame. Duh.
> These doors are intended to never have windows.
> Checking several sites, I couldn't find anything but doors. I can't
> even find the replacement Bestop windows anymore.
>
> So, CJ5 owners with Bestop lids, you no longer get to have windows on
> the doors unless you buy the entire setup, apparently.
>
> One way or the other, it doesn't make any difference now. I won't be
> spending another $160, I could barely afford these, and I can't use
> them, and now I can't return them. My mistake, but what the **** is
> going on at Bestop?

I don't get why they won't take them back. If they are the wrong part, then
they should take them back.

Old March 5th 05, 05:43 PM
Jeff Strickland

I must have tossed the black doors. They were "well loved", and probably
needed to be tossed. I do have the tan (spice) lowers though. I can't use
them, so you can have them for the shipping costs. If you are local enough
to come over and pick them up, they are yours.