motorcycle touring

Old March 20th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Studemania

Default motorcycle touring

Heard on a radio show on hazards.

"San Francisco is in the center of some of the most beautiful
motorcycle touring in the world."

Having lived there, I must admit it is beautiful, but I don't think I
would want to drive a bike too far west of San Francisco.
Old March 20th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Real Bev[_5_]

Studemania wrote:

> Heard on a radio show on hazards.
>
> "San Francisco is in the center of some of the most beautiful
> motorcycle touring in the world."
>
> Having lived there, I must admit it is beautiful, but I don't think I
> would want to drive a bike too far west of San Francisco.

I would think that driving any manual-shift vehicle in SF would get real old
real fast.

--
Cheers, Bev
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Old March 21st 09, 10:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
root

The Real Bev > wrote:
> Studemania wrote:
>
>> Heard on a radio show on hazards.
>>
>> "San Francisco is in the center of some of the most beautiful
>> motorcycle touring in the world."
>>
>> Having lived there, I must admit it is beautiful, but I don't think I
>> would want to drive a bike too far west of San Francisco.

> I would think that driving any manual-shift vehicle in SF would get real old
> real fast.

Think carefully about "west of San Francisco".
Old March 21st 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ulf

root wrote:
> The Real Bev > wrote:
>> Studemania wrote:
>>
>>> Heard on a radio show on hazards.
>>>
>>> "San Francisco is in the center of some of the most beautiful
>>> motorcycle touring in the world."
>>>
>>> Having lived there, I must admit it is beautiful, but I don't think I
>>> would want to drive a bike too far west of San Francisco.

>> I would think that driving any manual-shift vehicle in SF would get real old
>> real fast.
>>

> Think carefully about "west of San Francisco".

Obviously they didn't mean "center" in a geographical way.

With that said, IME the only condition where manual transmission is a
bit of work is in multi-lane stop-and-go traffic, were you need to keep
a close distance to the vehicle in front, or else someone will cut
ahead. On a motorcycle you don't need to worry about that, since you're
above it all, lane splitting.

Ulf
Old March 21st 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
SeaWoe

On Mar 21, 7:46*am, Ulf > wrote:
> root wrote:
> > The Real Bev > wrote:

> >> I would think that driving any manual-shift vehicle in SF would get real old
> >> real fast.

> > Think carefully about "west of San Francisco".

> Obviously they didn't mean "center" in a geographical way.
>
> With that said, IME the only condition where manual transmission is a
> bit of work is in multi-lane stop-and-go traffic, were you need to keep
> a close distance to the vehicle in front, or else someone will cut
> ahead. On a motorcycle you don't need to worry about that, since you're
> above it all, lane splitting.
>
> Ulf- Hide quoted text -

Shortly after I got there, I was creeping up the hill by the St Mark
when my backrest broke, leaving me to hold muyswlf up by pulloing on
the wheel.
My car had a HD clutch and T-10 tranny fourspeed.
Thus, I had to hold the car in place withy the parking brake, whichb
didn't wok due to Boston rust, si needed the right foot. The
accelerator also needed the right foot. and the keft was for the HD
cluych.
It was fun going upo that hill as each cars stopped at the top for the
stop sign/

I soon got a more suitable car.
Old March 21st 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
The Real Bev[_5_]

Ulf wrote:

> root wrote:
>> The Real Bev > wrote:

>>> I would think that driving any manual-shift vehicle in SF would get real old
>>> real fast.

>> Think carefully about "west of San Francisco".

> Obviously they didn't mean "center" in a geographical way.
>
> With that said, IME the only condition where manual transmission is a
> bit of work is in multi-lane stop-and-go traffic, were you need to keep
> a close distance to the vehicle in front, or else someone will cut
> ahead. On a motorcycle you don't need to worry about that, since you're
> above it all, lane splitting.

You never had a nasty kid open his door in front of you? I never felt comfy
splitting unless there was lots of room, everybody was stopped, and the back
seats were empty. Didn't happen all that often.

--
Cheers, Bev
66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 6

Old March 22nd 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

The Real Bev wrote:
> Ulf wrote:

>> With that said, IME the only condition where manual transmission is a
>> bit of work is in multi-lane stop-and-go traffic, were you need to
>> keep a close distance to the vehicle in front, or else someone will
>> cut ahead. On a motorcycle you don't need to worry about that, since
>> you're above it all, lane splitting.

> You never had a nasty kid open his door in front of you? I never felt
> comfy splitting unless there was lots of room, everybody was stopped,
> and the back seats were empty. Didn't happen all that often.

Hmm, if the kid was that nasty, you could always say to him or her "how
cute, how would you like to feel the nice shiny exhaust pipe on my
motorcycle"
Old March 25th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nick Naim

"The Real Bev" > wrote in message
> Studemania wrote:
>
>> Heard on a radio show on hazards.
>>
>> "San Francisco is in the center of some of the most beautiful
>> motorcycle touring in the world."
>>
>> Having lived there, I must admit it is beautiful, but I don't think I
>> would want to drive a bike too far west of San Francisco.

> I would think that driving any manual-shift vehicle in SF would get real
> old real fast.

Buckle up............
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7IEPTAoTg

> --
> Cheers, Bev
> He's your god. They're your rules. *You* burn in hell!

For the motorcycle enthusiasts. MLOM Driving 2 December 4th 07 05:50 PM
Sights on the road - Man and motorcycle Padraig Auto Photos 2 June 16th 07 11:30 AM
Wierd Motorcycle Paul Hovnanian P.E. Technology 13 June 7th 07 01:29 PM
Shelby Motorcycle Ðavïd Ford Mustang 2 February 20th 07 04:47 PM
good motorcycle site [email protected] Technology 0 February 4th 06 07:57 AM