Fireworks, Kids, and the Angry Driver

Old July 26th 05, 07:33 PM
223rem

DYM wrote:

> But, once she's fought him off and his is running away, she does not have
> the right to shoot him in the back and kill him.

Oh yes she does. She has no guarantee that he will not make another attempt.
Old July 26th 05, 07:37 PM
223rem

fbloogyudsr wrote:

> the attackers

LOL. Is this a new word? Why not simply say 'the attacked'?
Old July 27th 05, 12:49 AM
DYM

223rem > wrote in
:

> DYM wrote:
>
>> But, once she's fought him off and his is running away, she does not
>> have the right to shoot him in the back and kill him.

> Oh yes she does. She has no guarantee that he will not make another
> attempt.

And there is no garantee that he will. When the imminent threat is gone,
then it is no longer self defense.

Doug
Old July 27th 05, 02:55 AM
Harry K

223rem wrote:
> DYM wrote:
>
> > But, once she's fought him off and his is running away, she does not have
> > the right to shoot him in the back and kill him.

> Oh yes she does. She has no guarantee that he will not make another attempt.

Then she'd better wait until he turns and is coming back. If not
she'll lose big time in court.

Harry K

Old July 27th 05, 03:50 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:49:38 GMT, DYM > wrote:

>>> But, once she's fought him off and his is running away, she does not
>>> have the right to shoot him in the back and kill him.

>> Oh yes she does. She has no guarantee that he will not make another
>> attempt.
>>

>And there is no garantee that he will. When the imminent threat is gone,
>then it is no longer self defense.

No court in the country would convict a rape victim for killing her
assailant.

Old July 27th 05, 02:13 PM
Harry K

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:

> >> Oh yes she does. She has no guarantee that he will not make another
> >> attempt.
> >>

> >And there is no garantee that he will. When the imminent threat is gone,
> >then it is no longer self defense.

> No court in the country would convict a rape victim for killing her
> assailant.

Take a strain Scot, your replies are getting further away from reality
each time.

Harry K

Old July 27th 05, 02:38 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On 27 Jul 2005 06:13:15 -0700, "Harry K" >
wrote:

>> >And there is no garantee that he will. When the imminent threat is gone,
>> >then it is no longer self defense.

>> No court in the country would convict a rape victim for killing her
>> assailant.

>Take a strain Scot, your replies are getting further away from reality
>each time.

In that case, it should be trivial for you to Google up a case where a
rape victim was convicted of murder for killing her rapist.

Face it, we live in a world where OJ Simpson can be acquitted of
murder. You think a poor, innocent little rape victim is going to have
a problem beating the rap?

Old July 27th 05, 05:48 PM
Dave

Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> This story appeared in today's NY Times/AP News online. It's not the first
> time drivers have been threatened by fireworks shot by unsupervised kids.
> I've had fireworks shot at my car too but didn't chase down the kids.

Oddly similar:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4...0444&qs=1;bp=t

INDIANAPOLIS -- A prank may have cost a boy his life on Indianapolis'
west side.

As many as seven teenagers were throwing eggs at cars in the 7400 block
of Rockville Road about 11 p.m. Sunday, according to police.

Marion County sheriff's deputies said that after the juveniles hit one
motorist in the face, the man drove off before returning with a gun,
shooting one 15-year-old boy in the leg and another 17-year-old boy in
the stomach.

"The victim that was shot with the non-life-threatening injuries, he
actually went to a residence and called us -- called the sheriff's
department," Marion County sheriff's Sgt. Michael DeHart said.

DeHart said two other teens "regrouped at some location, became worried
about (another teen) they had not heard from, and returned back to the
site of the shooting and found him in the bushes."

Brandon Dunson, 15, was dead when his friends found him. The other
victim, Michael Dyer, 17, was treated and released.

Investigators are still looking for the shooter. He was described as a
white male in his 30s, about 6 feet tall. He was driving a maroon or
red late 80s Ford full size pickup truck.

James Patterson was one of the boys involved in the egg-throwing
incident.

"I think they should find him (the shooter). I don't know where he is
right now, but I hope he regrets what he did because he just shot a
minor over some eggs," Patterson said. "He didn't have to take it to
the extreme. He could've just called the cops. He didn't have to go
home, get a gun and come back and shoot us."

Old July 27th 05, 10:57 PM
The Real Bev

Dave wrote:

> James Patterson was one of the boys involved in the egg-throwing
> incident.
>
> "I think they should find him (the shooter). I don't know where he is
> right now, but I hope he regrets what he did because he just shot a
> minor over some eggs," Patterson said. "He didn't have to take it to
> the extreme. He could've just called the cops. He didn't have to go
> home, get a gun and come back and shoot us."

Would the kid be less dead if he was shot by a cop rather than the driver?
Any kid who refers to himself and his peers as minors is trying to take
advantage of his age to avoid punishment.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 28th 05, 01:00 AM
Dave

The Real Bev wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> >
> > James Patterson was one of the boys involved in the egg-throwing
> > incident.
> >
> > "I think they should find him (the shooter). I don't know where he is
> > right now, but I hope he regrets what he did because he just shot a
> > minor over some eggs," Patterson said. "He didn't have to take it to
> > the extreme. He could've just called the cops. He didn't have to go
> > home, get a gun and come back and shoot us."

> Would the kid be less dead if he was shot by a cop rather than the driver?
> Any kid who refers to himself and his peers as minors is trying to take
> advantage of his age to avoid punishment.

You'd think that parents might teach kids that if you go out ****ing
with people on the level of hitting them with fireworks or eggs while
driving, people are going to **** with you back sometimes.

Yeah, these kids would have been lucky if he'd just called the cops,
but unfortunately too many kids don't seem to realize there's just
enough people who aren't going take it just cause they're kids.

Nobody can tell me a 17 year old doesn't know any better, he's old
enough to drive a car almost anywhere in the US.

Dave