'95 Civic: Can't remove ignition key from steering column

Old August 10th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Steven L.[_2_]

Default '95 Civic: Can't remove ignition key from steering column

I'm having difficulty removing the ignition key from the steering column
of my '95 Civic. I turn off the engine but the key won't come out. I
have noticed that if I shift the automatic transmission lever out of
Park and back to Park again, sometimes that tricks it into letting me
take the key out. So I suspect it has something to do with that
interlock that prevents you from removing the key when the transmission
is engaged.

This behavior started after I had the transmission shift cable serviced.
Did my mechanic screw up something?

--
Steven L.
Email:
Old August 10th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam

Steven L. wrote:
> I'm having difficulty removing the ignition key from the steering column
> of my '95 Civic. I turn off the engine but the key won't come out. I
> have noticed that if I shift the automatic transmission lever out of
> Park and back to Park again, sometimes that tricks it into letting me
> take the key out. So I suspect it has something to do with that
> interlock that prevents you from removing the key when the transmission
> is engaged.
>
> This behavior started after I had the transmission shift cable serviced.
> Did my mechanic screw up something?

yes - the cable needs to be adjusted.