I started hating bikers

Old September 6th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Sir Lex

Default I started hating bikers

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2006 09:32:01 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:
>
>> I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
>> as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
>> sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
>> son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
>> was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
>> they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
>> and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
>> my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
>> I could have hit them with a chair.
>>
>> Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
>> Modified mufflers are illegal.
>>
>> And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
>> what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

> For motorcyclists, loudness is a safety issue.

As a motorcyclist, I agree totally with this. But for the Harley riders
that 223rem are talking about, it's a "lets make as much noise as
offensively possible" issue.

I've heard Harleys with modified exhausts that sound damn sweet. Others
are just ludicrously loud.

However if the cops in the States are anything like the ones in Oz, they
won't touch the nasty looking Harley riders for fear of bikie gang warfare.

--

SL.

Take back the web. www.Getfirefox.com

http://www.firefoxflicks.com/flick/?id=20272

Take back your Inbox. www.Getthunderbird.com
Old September 6th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Sir Lex said in
rec.autos.driving:
> However if the cops in the States are anything like the ones in Oz, they
> won't touch the nasty looking Harley riders for fear of bikie gang warfare.

Sounds like the cops there are like the ones here. Dont' want to be
bothered with soceity's problems, they just go after the easy revenue.

--
D ummies &
I diots
Old September 6th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Stoneman

On 5 Sep 2006 09:32:01 -0700, "223rem" > wrote:

>I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
>as much noise as possible. On Labor day afternoon, I was sitting at a
>sidewalk cafe in the strip district of Pittsburgh with my very young
>son and a few friends, when three hooligans on bikes pased by. There
>was nobody else on that block but us. The street was deserted. When
>they passed by us, the ****heads revved their engines to the maximum,
>and on that narrow street, the noise was defening. It was so loud, that
>my son started to cry. I threw a fork after them, but I missed. I wish
>I could have hit them with a chair.
>
>Next time I see one of these loid ****heads, I'm calling the cops.
>Modified mufflers are illegal.
>
>And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
>what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

Those mother****ers are annoying. If they can drive with bikes which
put out 100+ decibels, why can't I drive a V8 engine with only exhaust
headers (running on alcohol, of course). I'd love to take Tim Allen's
supertruck to those ****ers.

-Stoneman

Stoneman Auto Review

www.StoneManAutoReview.com

Independent Canadian Auto Reviews with attitude.
Old September 6th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
said in rec.autos.driving:
> >And I understand wanting to make your bike as fast as possible, but
> >what is the fun in riding a slow, loud bike?

> You get to annoy more people that way.

Ever watch NYPD Blue? They used to use a term called "dickie waver," to
describe people who would expose themselves to others. IMO, it describes
the mentality of people who purposely make their vehicles obnoxiously
loud on purpose.

--
I diots
N umbskulls &
Old September 8th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Hiway

223rem wrote:
> I mean the assholes riding Harley Davidson-type bikes modified to make
> as much noise as possible.

I ride, but this kind of behaviour ****es me off. It gives us all a bad
name. There's a huge difference between a nice throaty rumble and the
blatt of straight pipes.

Just the other day, while I was browsing at a roadside veggie stand,
three Harleys rode past and one asswipe blipped his throttle
sufficiently to make me wince in pain. Dickheaded behavior specifically
aimed at the 3-4 of us that were nearby.

I wanted to throw a tomato...

Old September 23rd 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
sloopy

Sir Lex wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>

>> For motorcyclists, loudness is a safety issue.

> As a motorcyclist, I agree totally with this.

So do you think I should modify my car to make ****loads of noise in the
name of safety?

It's not a tiny car, but there are a lot of vehicles around that are
much bigger and I have had cases where they have apparently been
oblivious to my presence and come close to running me off the road or
sideswiping me - it is only because of my quick reflexes that I have
avoided an accident on a number of occasions.

Interestingly enough, it's not the REALLY big vehicles like semis that
seem to be oblivious to my fairly normal sized cars.

Perhaps the problem is in fact with oblivious drivers and the solution
is to not give people who don't pay attention to conditions (which
includes other traffic) drivers licenses.