Oil-filter removal (2004 Jeep Liberty)

Old September 4th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

Default Oil-filter removal (2004 Jeep Liberty)

First you start with the marketing folks. After that, you might not need
to blame the engineers any more.

Will Honea proclaimed:

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 4th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
user

Will Honea wrote:
> I've been saying the same thing about the engineers since the first
> time I had to remove the right rear exhaust manifold bolt form a 1955
> Ford V8! So far, the message hasn't seemed to progress to the action
> stage...

And when was the last time they made a 1955 Ford V8? <grin>
Old September 4th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I think they were still using the same basic engine up till a couple years
ago.

Old September 5th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Nope: http://www.bacomatic.org/%7edw/fordv8/fordshop.htm You're
thinking of Chevy small block.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 5th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

No, the 272/292/312 block was Ford's first cut at an overhead valve
V8. Before 55, they had the old flathead V8 and some of the
carry-over stuff was bad enough to make for a short life for the
orginal design. Things like solid lifters, etc. and the bore/stroke
ratios were fiddled with for a few years before the newer castings and
(especially) new heads came out to fix the problems. They never did
make one that was easy to work on, tho. I know of garages that kept a
special rack of "Ford Wrenches" - most heated and bent to reach some
specific bolt nothing else could get to.

--
Will Honea
Old September 5th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I was thinking of the 221 block that was in use from 1962 till 1995.

Old September 6th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

"Bruce Yelen" > wrote

> I think it should be mandatory for all automotive design engineers to
> spend at least 6 months in the shops serviceing and working on what they
> design. I bet things would be better (grin)!
>
> -Bruce

That's a GREAT idea!
I really wonder sometimes how they figure the things they do.

Kate

Old September 8th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
gcdenis

you need to get a K-D oil filter wrench that you attach to a rachet. Which
is easily found on ebay.THE best tool I've ever used to get an oil filter
off. it can even get the
filters that have been over tighten by dealers and oil change places. I
use one for my cherokee and mustang and another for my acura.
THE BEST!
never drive a screw driver through the filter! when you try to twist it
off the screw driver tears through the very thin metal of the filter.
dumbest idea i've ever had!

Jeep Liberty Renegade Feedback Needed. Loner Jeep 3 August 4th 06 05:25 PM
Jeep news from Chrysler Scott in Baltimore Jeep 20 June 28th 06 01:15 AM
New 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Florence Oregon $21,995 [email protected] Chrysler 0 April 15th 05 01:33 AM
bestop Jeep give away 2004 Rusted Jeep 1 March 9th 05 07:41 AM
REAL air filter testing. More proof that K&N is junk. Steve W. 4x4 25 January 12th 05 01:22 PM