How Not To Save Detroit

Old June 7th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
fred

Default How Not To Save Detroit

necromancer - ECHM > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:54:03 -0400, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>
>>Would be really funny except it is a little too close to the truth:
>>
>>http://www.minyanville.com/audiovideo/703/1/23

> I still got a laugh out of it. Any guesses on when Fiat-Chrysler (or
> will it be Chrysler-Fiat) files for Chapter 7?
>
> --
> F ix
> I t
> A gain,
> T ony!

Fiat stands for: Ok Enzo, you can keep your job - until you stop making
cars that no longer perform. Look it up. Fiat owns Alfa Romeo which was
one of the very *first* race car companys period. Certainly the only one
still around - excepting possibly Mercedes Benz. Enzo started working
there, stole bucketloads of their research, formed Ferrari, and the rest
is history. If Fiat buys *any* part of Chrysler you can be sure it's the
only part that's worth anything. Wild guess: the engine works and nothing
else.

Old June 7th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
MG

"Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:15:58 -0400, Frog Breeches wrote:
>
>> C. E. White wrote:
>>> Would be really funny except it is a little too close to the truth:
>>>
>>> http://www.minyanville.com/audiovideo/703/1/23
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>

>> They didn't bail out Detroit or American Industry or Americans.
>> They bailed out Wall Street and Global Speculators and Banking.
>> They should have bailed out the victims and let them(us)rescue the firms
>> deserving bailing out with our spending.
>> The result we have is that there is endless supply, of proposed and
>> already implemented tax increases, fees, revenue enhancement, lost jobs,
>> manufacturing base, and a devaluing currency.
>> That's all upside down and they keep talking about preserving and
>> improving it.

> Someone (in the Toyota group) suggested a payment of $1M to every American
> over 50, with certain stipulations:
> You had to 'retire'.
> You had to pay off any mortgages.
> You had to buy a new American car.
>
> I would suggest $2M...
>
> I'd buy TWO American cars.
> I'd sell my house for less than market value and build a brand new one.
> I'd 'retire' but still keep some kind of job that no one else would want
> (like the one I have...It's not full time)
>
> That would have stimulated the economy a hell of a lot better than what
> Barry did, AND cost exactly One Fu@k of a lot less.

That one's been kicking around for awhile. Do the math:

How many Americans over 50? The number I keep seeing is 40 million.
Multiply that by 1,000,000 and you get 40 trillion. Where does that come
from?

Old June 7th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

A married Irish lady friend of mine in Bognor Regis,England seems to
still be happy with her Fiat Punto Car.
The name, Car, is derived from the Irish Celtic name/word, Carrus.
cuhulin, the Celt

Old June 7th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

If Fiat buys/merges with Chrysler, it couldn't be worse than when it was
Daimler Chrysler.
cuhulin

Old June 7th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:39:51 -0400, MG wrote:

> "Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
> news

>>> They didn't bail out Detroit or American Industry or Americans.
>>> They bailed out Wall Street and Global Speculators and Banking.
>>> They should have bailed out the victims and let them(us)rescue the firms
>>> deserving bailing out with our spending.
>>> The result we have is that there is endless supply, of proposed and
>>> already implemented tax increases, fees, revenue enhancement, lost jobs,
>>> manufacturing base, and a devaluing currency.
>>> That's all upside down and they keep talking about preserving and
>>> improving it.

>> Someone (in the Toyota group) suggested a payment of $1M to every American
>> over 50, with certain stipulations:
>> You had to 'retire'.
>> You had to pay off any mortgages.
>> You had to buy a new American car.
>>
>> I would suggest $2M...
>>
>> I'd buy TWO American cars.
>> I'd sell my house for less than market value and build a brand new one.
>> I'd 'retire' but still keep some kind of job that no one else would want
>> (like the one I have...It's not full time)
>>
>> That would have stimulated the economy a hell of a lot better than what
>> Barry did, AND cost exactly One Fu@k of a lot less.
>>

> That one's been kicking around for awhile. Do the math:
>
> How many Americans over 50? The number I keep seeing is 40 million.
> Multiply that by 1,000,000 and you get 40 trillion. Where does that come
> from?

I'll still line up...

Old June 7th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
cavedweller

On Jun 7, 4:39*pm, "MG" > wrote:
> "Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
>
> news >

> >> They didn't bail out Detroit or American Industry or Americans.
> >> They bailed out Wall Street and Global Speculators and Banking.
> >> They should have bailed out the victims and let them(us)rescue the firms
> >> deserving bailing out with our spending.
> >> The result we have is that there is endless supply, of proposed and
> >> already implemented tax increases, fees, revenue enhancement, lost jobs,
> >> manufacturing base, and a devaluing currency.
> >> That's all upside down and they keep talking about preserving and
> >> improving it.

> > Someone (in the Toyota group) suggested a payment of $1M to every American
> > over 50, with certain stipulations:
> > You had to 'retire'.
> > You had to pay off any mortgages.
> > You had to buy a new American car.

> > I would suggest $2M...

> > I'd buy TWO American cars.
> > I'd sell my house for less than market value and build a brand new one.
> > I'd 'retire' but still keep some kind of job that no one else would want
> > (like the one I have...It's not full time)

> > That would have stimulated the economy a hell of a lot better than what
> > Barry did, AND cost exactly One Fu@k of a lot less.

> That one's been kicking around for awhile. *Do the math:
>
> How many Americans over 50? *The number I keep seeing is 40 million.
> Multiply that by 1,000,000 and you get 40 trillion. *Where does that come
> from?

He's probably like my friend who proposed it to me six months
ago....an accountant
Old June 8th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-06-06, krp > wrote:

> "Brent" > wrote in message

>>> They didn't bail out Detroit or American Industry or Americans.
>>> They bailed out Wall Street and Global Speculators and Banking.
>>> They should have bailed out the victims and let them(us)rescue the firms
>>> deserving bailing out with our spending.

>> The bankers' people in the government bailed out the bankers. Goldman
>> Sachs didn't give all that money to Obama just for fun.
>>
>>> The result we have is that there is endless supply, of proposed and
>>> already implemented tax increases, fees, revenue enhancement, lost jobs,
>>> manufacturing base, and a devaluing currency.
>>> That's all upside down and they keep talking about preserving and
>>> improving it.

>> Sometimes one might think that's what they want achieve.
>>
>> GM is the brink of becoming the Amtrack of autos.

> HEY WAIT! Nancy Pelosi has PLANS to SAVE GM and bring it back to its former
> glory. She has designed a 2012 SUV that is GREEN for Chevrolet.

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/84685146@N00/347429384/

In three years GM will be profitable and the government can sell it off
just like Nixon promised with amtrack!

Old June 8th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2009-06-08, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> In message >, Brent
> wrote:
>
>>In three years GM will be profitable and the government can sell it off
>>just like Nixon promised with amtrack!

> Nixon promised that?

Actually his adminstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkSVox-SEuI It's mentioned at ~3:15

also see: http://www.slate.com/?id=2067378
"AmtrakThe little engine that couldn't."

And http://www.wikileaks.com/leak/crs/RL31473.pdf

And http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0511g.asp
"The U.S. Transportation Department took over a group of overregulated
private railroads that were bankrupt. The department wrote of Amtrak,
..It is expected that the corporation would experience financial losses
for about three years and then become a self-sustaining enterprise.."

Old June 8th 09, 11:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
krp

"Brent" > wrote in message
> On 2009-06-06, krp > wrote:

>>> The bankers' people in the government bailed out the bankers. Goldman
>>> Sachs didn't give all that money to Obama just for fun.

>>> Sometimes one might think that's what they want achieve.
>>>
>>> GM is the brink of becoming the Amtrack of autos.

>> HEY WAIT! Nancy Pelosi has PLANS to SAVE GM and bring it back to its
>> former
>> glory. She has designed a 2012 SUV that is GREEN for Chevrolet.

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/84685146@N00/347429384/

> In three years GM will be profitable and the government can sell it off
> just like Nixon promised with amtrack!

Yeah right. In 3 years there will be NO General Motors. the CEO - STILL
doesn't know how to START a car! When you have an asshole with a Harvard
MBA (bean counting) degree who has absolutely NO idea what makes the tin
MOVE - what do you think we're going to get? MORE OF THE SAME "****" has
built for the last 40 years. Listen to the GOOF at his "PRESS" conferences,
when he is asked a simple CAR question - his eyes start to glaze over and he
gets this dumb, deer in the headlights expression on his face and starts
going; "Duhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Tell me this, let's forget for a second that GM
cars have been PURE ****. Let's PRETEND that they start building GOOD cars.
Why buy an ALMOST Toyota for $65,000 when you can buy a REAL Toyota for
$18,000? The jerk just doesn't GET IT! EVEN IF the GM plants re-tooled to
make the TOYOTA AN EXACT copy, manufacturing costs AT A MINIMUM would
require it to cost at least TWICE what it costs to make a REAL Toyota. And
the government plans to keep throwing an endless supply of FUNNY MONEY at
it.

I've seen the ads. I'll buy a FORD first! Don't tell me that SOMEDAY -
when PIGS FLY you'll build a car worth considering. BUILD IT NOW. For all
the BULL**** from Detroit, they could have electric cars on the road TODAY.
NOT 20 years from now, or even next month. All the talk from these assholes
is pure BULL****. You see - it is HARD to make an electric motor that
breaks down all the time so you can sell assloads of PARTS to fix the ****.
Did you ever price out the cost of PARTS for a car? Let's PLAY with the
little ****box Aveo. (Daewoo) You can buy it for $15,000. BUT if you bought
the parts it would cost $ 97,850. Oh and the range of the cars? GM will
only allow a TEENY TINY battery with a range of 40 miles. There are
batteries that will give at least $150 miles. The car companies could get
together and build the cars with easily removable battery packs. On a trip
you could pull in a service station, they could yank your battery pack, and
replace it with a fully charged pack off the rack. Then recharge the pack
for a customer down the line.

Before the jerkoffs at GM while about that idea. When Henry Ford first
started mass producing his cars, there were almost NO gas stations in
America.With some work these battery packs could be designed to hit 400
miles between charges. Most of the time you just plug it in at night.

The PROBLEM in this is electrical demand.Can we say NUKES????? We are
generating much of our electricity by OIL. Makes NO sense at all. But in
2012 GM *MIGHT* make the Chevy VOLT.
(A really outdated design).

<sigh> Oh well - the American consumer will get it up the ass anyway.

Old June 8th 09, 11:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
krp

"Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
> In message >, Brent
> > wrote:
>
>>In three years GM will be profitable and the government can sell it off
>>just like Nixon promised with amtrack!

> Nixon promised that?

YEP. He promised to make Amtrak profitable in 2 years. Just like the
Feds promise to have the Post Office turn a profit. Don't worry - they will
"FIX" your healthcare!