Ford Focus

Old April 11th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mr.E

Default Ford Focus

Looking at a 2012 Ford Focus and a 2011 Toyota Corolla-basic
models-automatic transmissions. Wonder what problems have been seen by
those who own or have input on above vehicles?
--
Mr.E
Old April 11th 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Mr.E" > wrote in message
> Looking at a 2012 Ford Focus and a 2011 Toyota Corolla-basic
> models-automatic transmissions. Wonder what problems have been seen by
> those who own or have input on above vehicles?
> --
> Mr.E

IMHO, it is far too early to start looking for systematic problems.
I own neither. I own a Toyota Avalon and a Toyota Solara, and both
have been immaculate.

Ford has, now, a good reputation. So does Toyota. If you are going
to buy new, look for a good warranty. Drive both. Sometime you
will hate one and cleave to the other.

Good luck

Old April 11th 11, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
J.B. Wood

On 04/10/2011 08:05 PM, Mr.E wrote:
> Looking at a 2012 Ford Focus and a 2011 Toyota Corolla-basic
> models-automatic transmissions. Wonder what problems have been seen by
> those who own or have input on above vehicles?

Hello, and I purchased new a 2011 Focus about the middle of Jan this
year (the 2012 models were unavailable at that time) and am quite happy
with it (although it still has < 2k miles on the odo). The 2011 model
is basically the same as the 2010. The new 2012 Focus has been
completely redesigned and its interior makes my 2011 interior seem
downright spartan. For 2012 there are 4-dr sedan and hatchback models.

One of the reasons I bought the Focus was that I had driven a 2010
rental model for a month and Consumer Reports gave it a recommended buy.
Consumer Reports hasn't published a concise review on the 2012 Focus
but says its interior is nicer and the vehicle is quieter than its
predecessors.

I don't know what deals can be had on 2012 Focus models. I purchased my
SE model (with Sirius radio and Sync package) from a local Ford dealer
for $16.8k (including taxes and $3k rebate from Ford)

BTW, did I mention that I'm averaging just over 31 mpg tooling around
the metro Wash DC area (I know I gloated about this in another post.)?

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

78.3 mpg Ford Focus lbutton Saturn 2 July 17th 08 01:07 PM
78.3 MPG FORD FOCUS lbutton Technology 1 July 4th 08 11:06 PM
78.3 mpg Ford Focus lbutton Driving 1 July 4th 08 02:51 AM
Ford Focus Dunsy Technology 2 November 29th 05 11:31 PM
Is Ford focus now OK Dunsy Technology 0 November 28th 05 12:42 PM