Speeding sucks

Old April 15th 05, 04:37 AM
Magnulus

Default Speeding sucks

It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard. I was driving
home today around rush hour, and on this one road close to home everybody
was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. And everybody was in the left lane too,
the right lane only had a few cars. I kept looking for an opening on the
way home, but couldn't find one, even though my turn off was getting closer
and closer. Finally, I found an opening, but the truck behind me was doing
about 45 mph. I floored it and got in the gap, but I really wish everybody
wasn't an idiot BLOCKING the left lane and speeding. I had to go 45 mph
just to keep from being run over. None of these idiots were turning left,
but they were all in the left lane.

I realize speeding is not the only factor, there was also a lack of lane
discipline, but some people seem to think the left lane is the "fast lane",
and it isn't- it's the passing lane. If you are turning left or passing,
you shouldn't be in the left lane.

Old April 15th 05, 04:41 AM
223rem

Magnulus wrote:
> It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard. I was driving
> home today around rush hour, and on this one road close to home everybody
> was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. And everybody was in the left lane too,
> the right lane only had a few cars. I kept looking for an opening on the
> way home, but couldn't find one, even though my turn off was getting closer
> and closer. Finally, I found an opening, but the truck behind me was doing
> about 45 mph. I floored it and got in the gap, but I really wish everybody
> wasn't an idiot BLOCKING the left lane and speeding. I had to go 45 mph
> just to keep from being run over. None of these idiots were turning left,
> but they were all in the left lane.
>
> I realize speeding is not the only factor, there was also a lack of lane
> discipline, but some people seem to think the left lane is the "fast lane",
> and it isn't- it's the passing lane. If you are turning left or passing,
> you shouldn't be in the left lane.

I agree, but you shouldnt be such a wimp.
So you had to go to 45 mph? Wow. So very dangerous.
Old April 15th 05, 04:48 AM
Furious George

Magnulus wrote:
> It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard. I was

driving
> home today around rush hour, and on this one road close to home

everybody
> was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. And everybody was in the left

lane too,
> the right lane only had a few cars. I kept looking for an opening on

the
> way home, but couldn't find one, even though my turn off was getting

closer
> and closer. Finally, I found an opening, but the truck behind me

was doing
> about 45 mph. I floored it and got in the gap, but I really wish

everybody
> wasn't an idiot BLOCKING the left lane and speeding.

Something ought to be done about these LLBs.

> I had to go 45 mph
> just to keep from being run over. None of these idiots were turning

left,
> but they were all in the left lane.

Why not three rights make a left?

> I realize speeding is not the only factor, there was also a lack of

lane
> discipline, but some people seem to think the left lane is the "fast

lane",
> and it isn't- it's the passing lane.

Agreed!

> If you are turning left or passing,
> you shouldn't be in the left lane.

I think you have this backwards. Or am I misunderstanding?

Old April 15th 05, 04:54 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Magnulus" > wrote in message
. ..
> It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard. I was driving
> home today around rush hour, and on this one road close to home everybody
> was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. And everybody was in the left lane
> too,
> the right lane only had a few cars. I kept looking for an opening on the
> way home, but couldn't find one, even though my turn off was getting
> closer
> and closer. Finally, I found an opening, but the truck behind me was
> doing
> about 45 mph. I floored it and got in the gap, but I really wish
> everybody
> wasn't an idiot BLOCKING the left lane and speeding. I had to go 45 mph
> just to keep from being run over. None of these idiots were turning
> left,
> but they were all in the left lane.
>
> I realize speeding is not the only factor, there was also a lack of lane
> discipline, but some people seem to think the left lane is the "fast
> lane",
> and it isn't- it's the passing lane. If you are turning left or passing,
> you shouldn't be in the left lane.

In these cases, the right lane becomes the passing lane by default.

Old April 15th 05, 05:11 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Magnulus wrote:
> It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard. I was

driving
> home today around rush hour, and on this one road close to home

everybody
> was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. And everybody was in the left

lane too,
> the right lane only had a few cars. I kept looking for an opening on

the
> way home, but couldn't find one, even though my turn off was getting

closer
> and closer. Finally, I found an opening, but the truck behind me

was doing
> about 45 mph. I floored it and got in the gap, but I really wish

everybody
> wasn't an idiot BLOCKING the left lane and speeding. I had to go 45

mph
> just to keep from being run over. None of these idiots were turning

left,
> but they were all in the left lane.
>
> I realize speeding is not the only factor, there was also a lack of

lane
> discipline, but some people seem to think the left lane is the "fast

lane",
> and it isn't- it's the passing lane. If you are turning left or

passing,
> you shouldn't be in the left lane.

The left lane is the CRIMINAL LANE where are the deadly speeders live.

Old April 15th 05, 06:04 AM
Old Wolf

Magnulus wrote:
> It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard.

How would this entire situation have been any different
if everyone had been going slower (and the same time gap
between cars). Answer that question before you blame speed.

> I was driving home today around rush hour, and on this one
> road close to home everybody was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone.

> I had to go 45 mph just to keep from being run over.

You had to go with the flow of traffic. Gotta hate that eh.

> I realize speeding is not the only factor,

How is it a factor at all? Are you incapable of 45mph? What do
you do when you have to drive on an interstate?

> there was also a lack of lane discipline, but some people seem
> to think the left lane is the "fast lane", and it isn't- it's
> the passing lane. If you are turning left or passing, you
> shouldn't be in the left lane.

We all agree that LLBs are bad (except judy perhaps). You
don't need to tar speeding with the same brush

Old April 15th 05, 07:25 AM
C.H.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:37:36 -0400, Magnulus wrote:

[whine]

You were going faster than the speed limit, just like everyone else, so
stop whining about others speeding. You might want to learn how to drive,
too.

Chris

Old April 15th 05, 07:44 AM
Alan Baker

In article >,
"Magnulus" > wrote:

> It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard. I was driving
> home today around rush hour, and on this one road close to home everybody
> was doing 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. And everybody was in the left lane too,
> the right lane only had a few cars. I kept looking for an opening on the
> way home, but couldn't find one, even though my turn off was getting closer
> and closer. Finally, I found an opening, but the truck behind me was doing
> about 45 mph. I floored it and got in the gap, but I really wish everybody
> wasn't an idiot BLOCKING the left lane and speeding. I had to go 45 mph
> just to keep from being run over. None of these idiots were turning left,
> but they were all in the left lane.
>
> I realize speeding is not the only factor, there was also a lack of lane
> discipline, but some people seem to think the left lane is the "fast lane",
> and it isn't- it's the passing lane. If you are turning left or passing,
> you shouldn't be in the left lane.

So, in short, because you weren't keeping up with the flow of traffic
you had to "floor it" in order to synchronize with traffic in the next
lane.

Imagine how much easier it would have been if you already been traveling
at the same speed...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old April 15th 05, 08:06 AM
Magnulus

"Furious George" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Why not three rights make a left?

Not that kind of area (no square blocks). I suppose I could have turned
off into the right- a neighborhood, and figured out how to turn around from
there (probably finding a cul-de-sac)... but you see my point, not that easy
to do.

> > If you are turning left or passing,
> > you shouldn't be in the left lane.

> I think you have this backwards. Or am I misunderstanding?

Yes, I shouldn't have said "aren't".

Old April 15th 05, 08:17 AM
Magnulus

"Old Wolf" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Magnulus wrote:
> > It's bad because it makes getting into turn lanes hard.

> How would this entire situation have been any different
> if everyone had been going slower (and the same time gap
> between cars). Answer that question before you blame speed.

Like I said, left lane blockers are not necessarily driving slow. They
can also be blocking other people from passing and contributing to bad
traffic.

> > I had to go 45 mph just to keep from being run over.

> You had to go with the flow of traffic. Gotta hate that eh.

But suppose a cop had clocked me... it wouldn't have been great then.

Speed enforcement on that road is a joke, the only time cops are out there
looking for speeders is if there is road work. The cops seem to camp out
behind stop signs inside neighborhoods more than anything. Probably makes
for an "easy kill" rather than having to do real work.

> How is it a factor at all? Are you incapable of 45mph? What do
> you do when you have to drive on an interstate?

No- but then an interstate doesn't have as sharp turns.

> We all agree that LLBs are bad (except judy perhaps). You
> don't need to tar speeding with the same brush

Speeding is stupid behavior, and in my experience is coupled with several
other bad behaviors, such as not signalling intentions, bad lane discipline,
etc. It seems worst around rush hour, maybe because all the morons are in
a "rush".