383 stroker oil pressure

Old September 10th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
#1rummy

Default 383 stroker oil pressure

i have a 383 stroker in my boat. oil pressure at idle when warm is
about 22-25psi,at 3000rpm it is around 60psi.i have 0w30 synthetic in
the engine.are these pressures within spec?

thanks

Old September 10th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel

#1rummy wrote:
> i have a 383 stroker in my boat. oil pressure at idle when warm is
> about 22-25psi,at 3000rpm it is around 60psi.i have 0w30 synthetic in
> the engine.are these pressures within spec?
>

> thanks

sounds fine to me, I'd be happy with those pressures. Any particular
reason you're worried, or is this just a new-to-you engine and wanted to
make sure everything was copacetic?

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old September 10th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jeffcoslacker[_120_]

#1rummy Wrote:
> i have a 383 stroker in my boat. oil pressure at idle when warm is
> about 22-25psi,at 3000rpm it is around 60psi.i have 0w30 synthetic in
> the engine.are these pressures within spec?
>

> thanks

Anything over 10 psi per 1000 prm is generally considered more than
enough...

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638