1993 90CS - License Plate Light On / Alarm System Goes Off

Old August 27th 06, 03:39 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Erik[_3_]

Default 1993 90CS - License Plate Light On / Alarm System Goes Off

Two Things:

My LIcense plate lights and trunk light are always on.
My Alarm System Goes Off Randomly (I pulled the horn cable, now it just
blinks)

5amp fuse for Intrument Cluster, License Plate, Glove Box, etc
(Position 14) was blowing a lot.

I replaced the Ignition Switch and a "newer" one, but have brand new
one on order.

Any experiences, ideas to share?

Old August 28th 06, 04:58 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
One out of many Daves

maybe the wires at the trunk lid that flex when you open the lid are
breaking and shorting together?
disregard if this is not your case!
--
later,
dave

oups.com...

Old August 28th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_1_]

Ah, yes. The Old T44 syndrom has ofund a new series to affect. I guess time just
does that.

Old August 28th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Erik[_3_]

So do I need to just suck it up and go to the Dealership and let them
handle it at $105/hr?

Also, someone suggested to join the wires in the trunk light and just
remove the bulb and complete the circuit.

Old August 28th 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Tony[_1_]

Rather than just joining the wires you need to open the wire bundle in the
drivers side trunk hinge (includes other wires) and fix all that are broken /
shorting.

Old August 29th 06, 04:32 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Erik[_3_]

I'll check again, but they all appear to be intact.

Thank you very much Tony, its much appreciated to get help.

Erik

1996 Explorer "Supplemental" Alarm System Problems [email protected] Ford Explorer 3 May 22nd 06 06:06 PM
Disable alarm in 1993 90CS Erik Audi 0 January 21st 06 04:31 AM
Help!!! , car alarm system VW T.Ione Wooley VW water cooled 3 February 16th 05 11:29 AM
1993 BMW325 IS - Brake Light Electrical System FSCHW BMW 12 November 18th 04 01:53 AM
156 Alarm System Martyn Alfa Romeo 0 October 18th 04 01:53 AM