Dist Cap, rotor and Wires

Old July 14th 05, 08:39 PM
Steve Foley

Default Dist Cap, rotor and Wires

The three local stealerships do not stock wires for my 1987 Wrangler (4.2).
I'll agree to pay their prices for the convenience, but because they don't
stock them for me, I won't pay top dollar.

Rather than pay them to special order them, I'd rather order them on-line.
Anyone got a good source for original Jeep wires? I've never had good luck
with aftermarket.

Old July 14th 05, 09:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Steve,
I would go to your local auto parts store, and ask for a good set
of radio noise suppression ignition wires for your car. Look for a name
brand you recognize. There are some really Mickey Mouse sets out there,
especial the ones advised in magazines.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 14th 05, 11:26 PM
DougW

Steve Foley did pass the time by typing:
> The three local stealerships do not stock wires for my 1987 Wrangler (4.2).
> I'll agree to pay their prices for the convenience, but because they don't
> stock them for me, I won't pay top dollar.

Try Autozone, NAPA, PepBoys, Canadian Tyre, etc.

> Rather than pay them to special order them, I'd rather order them on-line.
> Anyone got a good source for original Jeep wires? I've never had good luck
> with aftermarket.

www.buymopar.com
www.chryslerpartsdirect.com
Both OEM (dealerships) that don't charge the reach-around rate.

Or make a set yourself, it's not that hard.
I've made several using Accell and other brands of
wire. That way you can choose what ends you put on
or change sizes and have a custom job.

Helps if you have a vice to squeeze off the connectors
but a pair of vice grips and a sledge works too.

--
DougW

Old July 15th 05, 05:54 AM
BillyRay

AutoZone now carries Bosch wiring sets in stock

WIRESET for a
1987 JEEP WRANGLER 4WD
Normal Stock
Special Order
Not Available

Item Part
No.
Warranty Core
Value Unit
Price Availability
Store Web
DOUBLE-SILICONE 4315 LLT $17.99

SPECTRE
WIRE SEPARATOR 4216 $0.99

VALUCRAFT 1315 2 YR $8.99

BOSCH 09279 LLT $26.99

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
> I would go to your local auto parts store, and ask for a good set
> of radio noise suppression ignition wires for your car. Look for a name
> brand you recognize. There are some really Mickey Mouse sets out there,
> especial the ones advised in magazines.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Steve Foley wrote:
>>
>> The three local stealerships do not stock wires for my 1987 Wrangler
>> (4.2).
>> I'll agree to pay their prices for the convenience, but because they
>> don't
>> stock them for me, I won't pay top dollar.
>>
>> Rather than pay them to special order them, I'd rather order them
>> on-line.
>> Anyone got a good source for original Jeep wires? I've never had good
>> luck
>> with aftermarket.

Attached Images
File Type: gif icon_in.gif (183 Bytes, 70 views)
File Type: gif icon_special.gif (118 Bytes, 46 views)
File Type: gif icon_not.gif (191 Bytes, 65 views)
File Type: gif clearpixel.gif (43 Bytes, 56 views)
File Type: gif icon_store_in.gif (219 Bytes, 65 views)
File Type: gif button_add_list.gif (481 Bytes, 53 views)
File Type: gif icon_web_in.gif (230 Bytes, 78 views)
File Type: gif button_buy_online.gif (459 Bytes, 47 views)
File Type: gif grey_line.gif (49 Bytes, 66 views)
File Type: gif icon_store_special.gif (213 Bytes, 52 views)
File Type: gif icon_web_not.gif (228 Bytes, 70 views)
File Type: gif icon_web_special.gif (223 Bytes, 55 views)
Old July 15th 05, 06:00 AM
Hootowl

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:26:01 -0500, "DougW"
> wrote:

>Steve Foley did pass the time by typing:
>> The three local stealerships do not stock wires for my 1987 Wrangler (4.2).
>> I'll agree to pay their prices for the convenience, but because they don't
>> stock them for me, I won't pay top dollar.

>Try Autozone, NAPA, PepBoys, Canadian Tyre, etc.

Autozone is the last place you want to get any electrical part for
anything. NAPA has high quality parts (but expect to pay a more).
Get a set with a lifetime warranty, and when they eventually do fail,
you can get a free replacement. Just be sure to keep your receipt
where you can find it a few years down the line. No wire set will
last for life. Just get a quality brand with a lifetime warranty, and
you will be happy.

Dan

Old July 15th 05, 06:44 AM
Jerry Bransford

And avoid those ignition wire sets that push their low resistance since
all low resistance does is cause noise on your CB and AM radios. The
low resistance is a marketing gimmick since it really doesn't
significantly increase the voltage to the spark plugs due to the
ultra-low amount of current traveling down the wires. Spark plugs too,
don't think going to non-resistor type plugs will help in any way, they
won't. Ohm's law (for electrical stuff) and all that.

Jerry

Hootowl wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:26:01 -0500, "DougW"
> > wrote:
>

>>Steve Foley did pass the time by typing:
>>
>>>The three local stealerships do not stock wires for my 1987 Wrangler (4.2).
>>>I'll agree to pay their prices for the convenience, but because they don't
>>>stock them for me, I won't pay top dollar.

>>Try Autozone, NAPA, PepBoys, Canadian Tyre, etc.

> Autozone is the last place you want to get any electrical part for
> anything. NAPA has high quality parts (but expect to pay a more).
> Get a set with a lifetime warranty, and when they eventually do fail,
> you can get a free replacement. Just be sure to keep your receipt
> where you can find it a few years down the line. No wire set will
> last for life. Just get a quality brand with a lifetime warranty, and
> you will be happy.
>
> Dan
>
>>>Rather than pay them to special order them, I'd rather order them on-line.
>>>Anyone got a good source for original Jeep wires? I've never had good luck
>>>with aftermarket.

>>www.buymopar.com
>>www.chryslerpartsdirect.com
>>Both OEM (dealerships) that don't charge the reach-around rate.
>>
>>Or make a set yourself, it's not that hard.
>>I've made several using Accell and other brands of
>>wire. That way you can choose what ends you put on
>>or change sizes and have a custom job.
>>
>>Helps if you have a vice to squeeze off the connectors
>>but a pair of vice grips and a sledge works too.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
See the Geezer Jeep at
http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/
Old July 17th 05, 03:17 AM
Hootowl

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:54:11 -0400, "BillyRay"
> wrote:

Your post wrote 12 .GIF files to my hard drive!

Dan