`87 Accord just stop running

Old October 24th 05, 07:28 AM
DZCAMMAN

Default `87 Accord just stop running

`87 Accord fuel injected Stop running like someone turned off the key. fuel
pressure OK. No fuel getting to cylinders, plugs are dry. Main relay
checked out ok. Any ideas ??

Old October 24th 05, 01:23 PM
Burt S.

"DZCAMMAN" > wrote in message lkaboutautos.com...

> `87 Accord fuel injected Stop running like someone turned off the key. fuel
> pressure OK.

Possibly ignition electrical switch. Dash light and BLK/YL should
have battery voltage when the ignition is switch to "ON."

> No fuel getting to cylinders, plugs are dry. Main relay
> checked out ok. Any ideas ??

Check the fuel injectors with a test light.

Old October 26th 05, 12:03 AM
TeGGeR®

"DZCAMMAN" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> `87 Accord fuel injected Stop running like someone turned off the key.
> fuel pressure OK. No fuel getting to cylinders, plugs are dry. Main
> relay checked out ok. Any ideas ??

Have you checked for ECU codes?

Fuel pressure OK, but fuel not getting to injectors??? This does NOT make
sense. How do you know the pressure's OK?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old October 26th 05, 03:37 PM
Burt S.

"TeGGeR®" > wrote in message ...

> Fuel pressure OK, but fuel not getting to injectors??? This does NOT make
> sense. How do you know the pressure's OK?

Yes it does. If you disconnect pin 3 on the main relay, you have pressure
but no injector. Note he said, "No fuel getting to cylinders."

Old October 26th 05, 07:15 PM
TeGGeR®

"Burt S." > wrote in
:

> "TeGGeR®" > wrote in message
>
>> Fuel pressure OK, but fuel not getting to injectors??? This does NOT
>> make sense. How do you know the pressure's OK?

> Yes it does. If you disconnect pin 3 on the main relay, you have
> pressure but no injector. Note he said, "No fuel getting to
> cylinders."

And so it says in my very own FAQ. You are 100% correct.

In fact, cracked solder to the injector feed is one of the failure modes of
the Main Relay, but...it will set a Check Engine light with a Code 16. If
no Code 16, then the ECU is seeing voltage when it tries to ground the
injectors.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainr...mainrelay.html

To the OP: Is your Check Engine light on? Are error codes stored in the
ECU? How to check:
http://www.iequus.com/assets/manuals..._E_14JAN03.pdf

Excerpt from above link:
"Access ECU (located under front driver’s seat) (H4) by moving seat
all the way back. Turn ignition on and observe LED on ECU for codes.
Codes blinked out by LED are separated by two second pause, then repeated.
For example:
2 blinks - two
second pause - 2 blinks = code 2 (H14)"

Old November 1st 05, 03:15 AM
DZCAMMAN

I don’t know why I didn't think of it before but I only checked two plugs.
Then I thought if the timing belt snapped the intake valves could be in
the closed position. Sure enough the timing belt is toast. Thanks for
responding.
DZ

Old November 3rd 05, 05:51 PM
boobie

wow 18-yr-old Honda...what's the milage ?

Old November 4th 05, 04:30 AM
Matt Ion

boobie wrote:
> wow 18-yr-old Honda...what's the milage ?

My current '87 Accord (my third now) is at 390,000km (about 244,000
miles). My first '87 had 160,000km (100,000mi.) when I got it in '94
and 478,000km (just shy of 300,000mi.) when I wrote it off in '03.

These are great cars!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0544-7, 11/03/2005
Tested on: 11/3/2005 8:30:29 PM

Old November 5th 05, 07:08 AM
boobie

"Matt Ion"
> wow 18-yr-old Honda...what's the milage ?
>
> My current '87 Accord (my third now) is at 390,000km (about 244,000
> miles). My first '87 had 160,000km (100,000mi.) when I got it in '94
> and 478,000km (just shy of 300,000mi.) when I wrote it off in '03.
>
> These are great cars!

Wow, what are your secrets ? you must baby the thing huh
You musta be very good at car mechanics eh ?

I just got rid of my 90 Legend at <sigh>only</sigh> 160K miles for like
US$900.
It was in rather poor condition...I didn't take good care of it.

I suppose that car (Japan-built, awesome engine) in your hand
would last 500K miles.

The real reason for opposition to red light cameras K Smythe Driving 39 May 3rd 05 03:53 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
2005 Accord ... Should I? DaveR Honda 21 February 10th 05 12:15 AM
Accord idle hunting [email protected] Honda 0 January 11th 05 03:44 PM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM