Toyota loses its way

Old February 23rd 10, 04:38 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Toyota loses its way

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:30:40 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Are you kidding??? I've always driven my American cars that way, I
>> LIKE accelerating. I've never had a domestic go bad due to this, only
>> the Toyota. I'm not saying every Toyota will fail, it's just MY
>> experience. If a car can't take full throttle shifts a few times a
>> week it's a piece of crap that's severely under designed.

>If a car is subjected to full throttle shifts a few times a week, it's being
>severely abused. Thanks for playing. You know I'm right because you have had
>to pay for repairs that resulted from the abuse you put your cars to.

You're delusional. ANY car worth it's salt can easily take several
full throttle shifts A DAY, my domestics have NEVER had a problem
doing so. If you don't think so then you have no knowledge of cars
and their capabilities, at least no knowledge of decent cars.

>You're the reason they don't rent cars to people under 25. They know you
>can't drive for ****, and you destroy the equiment.

You seem to be confusing abuse with hard driving. Not the same.
Old February 23rd 10, 04:43 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:43:49 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 19:32:42 -0500, Hachiroku ???? >
>> wrote:

>>>Not mine at all. You must have done something serious to be able to ruin
>>>this transmission.
>>>
>>>This transmission is rated 131 hp, and is mated to an engine that produces
>>>108. You should congratulate yuourself for being clever enough to ruin an
>>>transmission rated 28 HP more than the engine can produce.
>>>
>>>The spec for 1st gear is 34MPH. You probably managed to exceed that, and
>>>probably the 2nd gear spec, too. Ever hear of an Owner's Manual? It's in
>>>there.
>>>

>> Is English a second language for you? What part of "it was shifting
>> itself in fully automatic mode" do you not understand? Just like
>> every other car I've driven. I drive them all the same, it was only
>> the Toyota that could not hold up to a few full throttle automatically
>> controlled up shifts a week. It appears you really have little
>> understanding of how cars work.

>You're the reason why buying a Used Car is a dangerous proposition. If you
>drive all cars to red line before they shift, you're doing serious damage to
>the engine and the transmission.
>
>I had automatic transmissions that made this kind of shift a handful of
>times in all of the years I owned them, and none that ever made them more
>once in the same quarter. There isn't an automatic transmission made that's
>intended to make full throttle shifts at or near red line, a few times a
>week.
>
>It doesn't matter that you claim you do it all of the time, it's no way to
>treat your machine. Ever. Period.

Wow, for a while I wasn't sure but now I am,... you are completely
ignorant of cars and how they are designed and how they work. I've
driven EVERY car I've ever owned that way and NONE of them suffered
any damage as a result of these "red line engine and transmission"
shifts, except, of course, the Toyota.

Old February 23rd 10, 05:09 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:35:34 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

>>Even worse. You took a gently driven car and managed to destroy it?
>>
>>And head gaskets are known on this car. Must have been prior to 1994.
>>Easy fix. You can lift the engine out of the engine bay yourself.

> Ah, the Typical Toyota apologist reply, ignore the lack of quality as if
> the fact that it's actually repairable excuses it.

Toyota was using asbestos head gaskets, and thanks to our government was
forced to abandon the asbestos gaskets for a different material. As a
result, the torque specs for the head bolts was wrong.

Try replacing the HG on a Supra, if you think the job on a Tercel is bad.

Ford, GM and Chrysler NEVER make any mistakes, right?

1995 Chrysler LHS Recall
Item Affected: SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:LOWER ARM Date Announced:
8/17/1999

Description of Recall:
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. THE LOWER CONTROL ARM ATTACHING
BRACKETS CAN CRACK DUE TO FATIGUE AND SEPARATE FROM THE ENGINE CRADLE.

Action Needed To Fix It:
DEALERS WILL REINFORCE THE ENGINE CRADLE AT THE POINT WHERE THE LOWER
CONTROL ARM ATTACHES TO IT.

That's not dangerous, at all...

88 Toyota Corolla loses power then stalls at random, about every few weeks aimeej Technology 2 June 14th 07 05:31 PM
97 Intrepid Loses power Kevin Dodge 3 July 24th 06 12:42 AM
156 2.0 TS transmission loses oil Georg Fink Alfa Romeo 0 October 6th 05 01:47 PM
GTI Loses Power Kent VW water cooled 14 October 10th 04 04:19 PM