$20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand

Old August 9th 10, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
john

Default $20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand

"So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
over the sticker price.

That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.

If that's any yardstick, the 2011 Volt is drastically underpriced.
Supply and demand, baby. It's the free enterprise system."

Read mo Mark Phelan: Dealers' extra charge for Volt is simply
supply and demand | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...#ixzz0w4xWT0ce
Old August 9th 10, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Spong

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:16:24 -0700 (PDT), john >
wrote:

>"So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
>that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
>over the sticker price.
>
>That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
>there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
>calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
>than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.
>
>If that's any yardstick, the 2011 Volt is drastically underpriced.
>Supply and demand, baby. It's the free enterprise system."
>
>Read mo Mark Phelan: Dealers' extra charge for Volt is simply
>supply and demand | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
>http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...#ixzz0w4xWT0ce

What a guy. Another reason for me to pick a chevy salesman to kick
his ass at random.
Old August 9th 10, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
sharx35

"john" > wrote in message
> "So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
> that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
> over the sticker price.
>
> That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
> there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
> calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
> than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.
>
> If that's any yardstick, the 2011 Volt is drastically underpriced.
> Supply and demand, baby. It's the free enterprise system."
>
> Read mo Mark Phelan: Dealers' extra charge for Volt is simply
> supply and demand | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
> http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...#ixzz0w4xWT0ce

Proving that there is a silly sucker born every minute. HELL will frigging
freeze over before I pay ANYTHING over sticker for anything.

Old August 9th 10, 12:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
News

Sharx35 wrote:

> "john" > wrote in message
>> "So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
>> that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
>> over the sticker price.
>>
>> That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
>> there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
>> calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
>> than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.
>>
>> If that's any yardstick, the 2011 Volt is drastically underpriced.
>> Supply and demand, baby. It's the free enterprise system."
>>
>> Read mo Mark Phelan: Dealers' extra charge for Volt is simply
>> supply and demand | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
>> http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...#ixzz0w4xWT0ce
>>

> Proving that there is a silly sucker born every minute. HELL will
> frigging freeze over before I pay ANYTHING over sticker for anything.

P.T. Barnum was right.
Old August 9th 10, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
chuckcar

john > wrote in
:

> "So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
> that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
> over the sticker price.
>
> That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
> there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
> calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
> than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.
>
> If that's any yardstick, the 2011 Volt is drastically underpriced.
> Supply and demand, baby. It's the free enterprise system."
>
> Read mo Mark Phelan: Dealers' extra charge for Volt is simply
> supply and demand | freep.com | Detroit Free Press
> http://www.freep.com/article/2010080...business01/Dea
> lers-extra-charge-for-Volt-is-simply-supply-and-demand#ixzz0w4xWT0ce

What's amazing is the dealer admited to it. Nothing else is remarkable
or surprising IMHO.

My question is what any of this has to do with toyota in the least?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
Old August 9th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

If I want an electric car, I will convert my 1948 Willys Jeep.Actually,
those old World War Two Jeeps (Willys and Ford Jeeps) were rated by the
Pentagon as 1/4 ton trucks.

On the web, Brian's Military Jeeps
cuhulin

Old August 9th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Virgil Skankman

It's still a Chevy. By the way john, there is no way you could afford a
Chevy or a Toyota! LOL!

Old August 9th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 21:16:24 -0700, john wrote:

> That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
> there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
> calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
> than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.

And foolish, 'ecology minded' Liberal Early Adopters will gladly pony up
the extra money. But, none of the excess goes to GM, it stays in the
pocket of the dealer who makes a nice fat profit on it.

The owner of that dealership must be a Republican. Or, maybe just a
hypocrite Democrat along the liines of Rangle, Kerry, Gore, et al.

Old August 9th 10, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
[email protected]

On Aug 8, 11:16*pm, john > wrote:
> "So you think the Chevrolet Volt electric car will cost too much? Tell
> that to the Chevy dealer who has already decided to charge $20,000
> over the sticker price.
>
> That's right. Months before the first Volt lands on a showroom floor,
> there's enough excitement that the dealer -- who earns a living
> calculating what the market will bear -- is charging nearly 50% more
> than General Motors' asking price for the revolutionary car.
>
> If that's any yardstick, the 2011 Volt is drastically underpriced.
> Supply and demand, baby. It's the free enterprise system."

I wouldn't buy one at half price.. The 40 mile wonder.. :/
Doesn't go far enough to do me any good..
I really don't see how they will sell very many of them.
A few moovee stars and tree huggers might buy a few,
but for the general driver they strike me as a fairly
useless vehicle. And you gotta plug them doggies in
somewhere.

Old August 9th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 08:52:35 -0700, Michelle Steiner wrote:

> In article >,
> Hachiroku ハチ*ク > wrote:
>
>> The owner of that dealership must be a Republican. Or, maybe just a
>> hypocrite Democrat along the liines of Rangle, Kerry, Gore, et al.

> So which Democrats aren't hypocrites, in your opinion?

I'm sure there must be one or two. Nancy Pelosi, perhaps?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!