Where can we get statistics of which BIKES pass the CaliforniaDMV riding test?

Old September 17th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
JoeSchmoe

Default Where can we get statistics of which BIKES pass the CaliforniaDMV riding test?

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:07:21 -0700, Twibil wrote:
> Then he knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

His words say otherwise ...

Old September 17th 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
JoeSchmoe

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:06:35 +0100, The Older Gentleman wrote:
> Who cares?

My buddies are just like you.

They all told me to forget about it. They said the system is rigged. They
all said don't even try to change it or get around it. Just do it. They
all told me to just pay the $250 for the guaranteed license. They joked
it was a bribe to the MSF to let you ride on the road.

Some told me to just consider it a $250 license fee, only you pay the MSF
instead of paying the DMV. So what, they all said.

While you, and they, didn't care, I'll bet some of the 10,000 California
riders a year who are forced to pay $250 for a license might care.

Old September 17th 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Rob Kleinschmidt

On Sep 16, 4:50*pm, JoeSchmoe > wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:06:35 +0100, The Older Gentleman wrote:
> > Who cares?

> While you, and they, didn't care, I'll bet some of the 10,000 California
> riders a year who are forced to pay $250 for a license might care.

So I'm curious, Joe. What would you consider a
reasonable demonstration of competency which
would prove that someone was qualified to hold a
motorcycle license ?

God knows, there are enough bad riders out there
already. What can we do to improve this situation ?

I sure don't think the figure eight you described taking
back east is much of a test.

Let's hear your thoughts on how you think you should
have been tested.
Old September 17th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Tim[_19_]

On Sep 16, 8:44*pm, JoeSchmoe > wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:07:21 -0700, Twibil wrote:
> > Then he knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

> His words say otherwise ...

Would you like to point out where any words I've said about how the
CMSP or MSF operate indicate in any way that I don't know what I'm
talking about?

How about you backing up your own words that say that the MSF collects
$200 or more for every rider who takes a CMSP rider course?

Sheesh. Your obsession has blinded you to the simple facts.
Old September 17th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Tim[_19_]

On Sep 16, 8:50*pm, JoeSchmoe > wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:06:35 +0100, The Older Gentleman wrote:
> > Who cares?

> My buddies are just like you.
>
> They all told me to forget about it. They said the system is rigged. They
> all said don't even try to change it or get around it. Just do it. They
> all told me to just pay the $250 for the guaranteed license. They joked
> it was a bribe to the MSF to let you ride on the road.
>
> Some told me to just consider it a $250 license fee, only you pay the MSF
> instead of paying the DMV. So what, they all said.
>
> While you, and they, didn't care, I'll bet some of the 10,000 California
> riders a year who are forced to pay $250 for a license might care.

Six years of obsession for $200 or $250. Seems like you've certainly
gotten your money's worth.
Old September 17th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Twibil[_2_]

On Sep 16, 5:44*pm, JoeSchmoe > wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:07:21 -0700, Twibil wrote:
> > Then he knows what he's talking about, and you don't.

> His words say otherwise ...

Oh bull****.

Your many many many words posted over a very very very long time say
you're obsessed with trying to get back at someone -nay, *anyone*-
because you failed that "impossible" DMV keyhole test that various
others here breezed right through.

You've lied repeatedly about the test's dificulty, you've lied
repeatedly about the test's provisions being a "secret", you've lied
repeatedly about how it's illegal to practise the keyhole test in
advance, you've lied repeatedly about how it's "impossible" to pass
the test on a large bike, and you even lied about how you can't see
the painted white lines on the ground -which is hysterically funny
since all anyone has to do is look *downwards* a bit to see them.
Lastly, you've claimed that anyone in this forum who says they passed
the test in the first couple of tries is lying about it.
Taken in toto, these are the signs of a mind that simply can't deal
with reality.

And then you think that anyone is going to agree that Tim doesn't know
what he's talking about and that you -the liar- *do*?

Good one, fruit-loop!
Old September 17th 10, 06:44 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
JoeSchmoe

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:37:09 -0700, Rob Kleinschmidt wrote:
> Let's hear your thoughts on how you think you should have been tested.

Very simple.

The exact test that the MSF provides (starting, stopping, cornering,
braking, shifting, swerving, u-turn box, etc.).

But with grading of ZERO errors (just like the DMV test).

I'd also allow THREE tries (no more than one per day) ... again ... just
like the DMV test.

The only thing else I'd change is I'd limit the price the MSF charges to
only 150% the national average for a MSF class. The current 250% price
increase in California is gouging that can only sustain itself because
there is no other viable alternative.

What do you think of my simple logical fair solution?

Old September 17th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Tim > wrote:

> Six years of obsession for $200 or $250. Seems like you've certainly
> gotten your money's worth.

There are better performers here on the buck-per-moment of obsession
ratio.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400Fx2 Triumph Street Triple
Kawasaki GT550x2 Suzuki TS250ERx2 GN250 Damn, up to ten bikes!
Old September 17th 10, 08:28 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
Twibil[_2_]

On Sep 16, 11:00*pm, (The Older
Gentleman) wrote:

> > Six years of obsession for $200 or $250. *Seems like you've certainly
> > gotten your money's worth.

> There are better performers here on the buck-per-moment of obsession
> ratio.

Sure! But this fruitcake is obsessed with something that's at least
distantly motorcycle-related.

Unless I've missed it on the news, nobody ever rammed a motorcycle
into the World Trade Center.
Old September 17th 10, 09:47 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,ba.motorcycles,rec.autos.tech
TOG@Toil

On 17 Sep, 08:28, Twibil > wrote:
> On Sep 16, 11:00*pm, (The Older
>
> Gentleman) wrote:
>
> > > Six years of obsession for $200 or $250. *Seems like you've certainly
> > > gotten your money's worth.

> > There are better performers here on the buck-per-moment of obsession
> > ratio.

> Sure! * But this fruitcake is obsessed with something that's at least
> distantly motorcycle-related.
>
> Unless I've missed it on the news, nobody ever rammed a motorcycle
> into the World Trade Center.

Well, no. :-)