=SKINNY= Jeep Liberty 4x4

Old December 21st 04, 11:39 PM
Eddy Long

Default =SKINNY= Jeep Liberty 4x4

Happy holidays!

Need a little skinny on a Jeep Liberty 4x4 V6.

I run a guide service in which I trailer a driftboat. The boat and trailer
weight about 600 pounds. I log about 8,000 miles on the road from April
through November.

I've been using a Dodge 2WD pickup truck with a V6 for the past eight years
and it's been fine. I need the V6 since I go up a lot of hills with the
trailer.

The only hitch with the truck and is that it's a squeeze to have three
adults in the front of the cab.

If anyone can be good points - and bad - about this SUV I'd like to hear
about it.

Looking at the numbers - it comes in at about 23k for V6 / Auto.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays to you and yours...
E.

Old December 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
Carl Saiyed

The Liberty is OK save for being a little girly, IMHO. I think you'd be
better off with a Cherokee Classic. It's got a little more oomph to get you
up those hills, plenty of space, and if it still has the 4.0 liter, it's a
tried and true motor. My 89 Cherokee with the 4.0 gets about 19mpg freeway.

HTH

Carl

Old December 22nd 04, 03:08 PM
Luneral

If you look at the underbelly of the Liberty and compare to say a toyota
corolla and a cherokee you'll notice many similarities to the corolla, and
almost none to a cherokee.

nuff said.

luni

Old January 5th 05, 04:15 AM
gigi_

Liberty is not such a great car - I regret getting mine. I am upside down
- depreciates FAST!!

Old January 6th 05, 04:58 PM
I. P. Freely

And they replaced the Cherokee with this loser?

:

Old August 4th 05, 12:32 AM
Jeff B

If your not stuck on Jeep you may want to look at the Nissan Xterra,
I've had one since new in 2000, I've just replaced the brakes at
91,000 kilometers but that's all I've done (except for new tires at
80,000K) I've never been stuck or had the vehicle fail to start.
Plenty of room nd lots of pulling power.

Old August 4th 05, 03:17 AM
Greg

At Jeep Jambouree the liberty was one the impressed me the least, useless,
more SUV then off road vehicle.

Old August 5th 05, 02:02 AM
Carl Saiyed

Sno-
Thanks for the informative reply. Just to be clear, I wasn't bragging
about 19mpg. I think the Cherokee is a great all-around vehicle, and am very
satisfied with mine. It's reliable, powerful, and compact enough to fit most
places. I've never heard of a suburban doing 30mpg, but there is a lot I
haven't heard of.

Carl

news:1_642641_5a97b79d3d54bb49ff31e4b414b28da4@aut oforumz.com...

http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-SKINNY...pict94951.html

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=642641

Old August 5th 05, 06:28 PM
Corey Shuman

two words.. Land Rover... those who have driven them will agree and the
rest will talk out their respective asses....

Old August 5th 05, 06:42 PM
Carl Saiyed

Never driven a landy, heard they are very nice and comfy. Not sure I would
dig getting the pretty interior all muddy when im out 4 wheeling, and a
little pricey for me.

Carl

oups.com...

Photos from my Jeep! Jeff Alu 4x4 2 February 28th 04 01:30 PM
Jeep Liberty - What would be a good price from a dealer ? Croa Crapaud 4x4 4 January 23rd 04 09:43 PM
Any word on US versions of the diesel Jeep Liberty or diesel Land Rover Discovery? Exit 4x4 36 January 20th 04 04:12 PM