Airbag

Old January 25th 05, 10:06 PM
Christian Peschout Olsen

Default Airbag

Hi!

I've got a Miata '91, and the airbag-light is continouesly blinking. Anybody
else ever had that problem? If so, anybody who has got an idea of how to fix
it?

--
Yours sincerely

Christian Peschout Olsen

Old January 26th 05, 12:49 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Christian Peschout Olsen" > wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I've got a Miata '91, and the airbag-light is continouesly blinking. Anybody
>else ever had that problem? If so, anybody who has got an idea of how to fix
>it?

http://www.miata.net/garage/airbag_blink.html

You need to get it fixed.

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old January 27th 05, 08:48 PM
Christian Peschout Olsen

As far as I consern, it is not a very dangerous problem, it's just some bad
contacts or so. And my bet is that it is quite expensive to fix, especially
in Norway. So if anyone knows the cause/source of the problem, I will be
gratefull if you share that information.

Christian, '91 miata (US B-pack)

"Leon van Dommelen" > skrev i melding

Old January 28th 05, 12:55 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Christian Peschout Olsen" > wrote:

>As far as I consern, it is not a very dangerous problem, it's just some bad
>contacts or so. And my bet is that it is quite expensive to fix, especially
>in Norway. So if anyone knows the cause/source of the problem, I will be
>gratefull if you share that information.

I though the link I posted has that info.

Last I heard, you need to wait 30 minutes after disconnecting the
battery to allow the airbag condenser to unload. Don't test
resistance to try to find the bad contact, please.

Leon

>Christian, '91 miata (US B-pack)
>
>"Leon van Dommelen" > skrev i melding
.. .

Old January 29th 05, 05:15 PM
Dana H. Myers

Christian Peschout Olsen wrote:
> As far as I consern, it is not a very dangerous problem, it's just some bad
> contacts or so.

Bad contacts connected to an explosive device. In my
world, that's a dangerous problem.

> And my bet is that it is quite expensive to fix, especially
> in Norway.

Since we're betting, I'll bet you'd rather pay some money
than lose your sight or worse when the thing blows in your
face while you're twiddling with it.

> So if anyone knows the cause/source of the problem, I will be
> gratefull if you share that information.

You've apparently got a faulty airbag circuit. Leon posted some
diagnostic information, but since you seem pretty cavalier about
the dangers of a faulty airbag, I suggest you just take it to a
professional ASAP.

Cheers,
Dana
Old February 10th 05, 11:00 PM
Christian Peschout Olsen

Thanks for all comments.

I Guess my problem is "Faulty diagnostic module or poor connection of
diagnostic module connector" http://www.miata.net/garage/airbag_blink.html

And I guess that I hve to visit a garage to get it fixed..

-cpo-

"Dana H. Myers" > skrev i melding

Old February 11th 05, 01:59 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Christian Peschout Olsen" > wrote:

>Thanks for all comments.
>
>I Guess my problem is "Faulty diagnostic module or poor connection of
>diagnostic module connector" http://www.miata.net/garage/airbag_blink.html
>
>And I guess that I hve to visit a garage to get it fixed..

It may only be a corroded contact, so it may not be that expensive
to get it fixed. Not worth literally losing you head over.

If you do end up trying it yourself using some shop manual, give
some additional time for the condenser to unload after the battery
has been disconnected beyond what may be listed (go do something
else for 30 minutes) and do not use anything that may create a
voltage or static electricity when taking apart and cleaning the
contacts.

Leon

>-cpo-

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)

BMW 5 Series E39 Accidental Airbag Deployment BigBazza BMW 14 January 21st 05 02:30 AM
airbag disconnect -93 accord - to change wiper switch [email protected] Honda 1 January 7th 05 07:32 PM
01 GTI airbag YYZedd VW water cooled 8 December 20th 04 02:58 AM
Airbag sensor on E39 hodne BMW 2 September 25th 04 12:04 AM
CA Airbag replacement law Ankors General 0 August 29th 04 12:59 AM