Are they goners? Pictures of car brands on life support

Old May 30th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Are they goners? Pictures of car brands on life support

You must have had the 2.2L turbo ... possibly a rare Omni GLH? I had a 1987
Lebaron GTS with the 2.2L turbo as well. A slight hesitation off a dead
start, but once the turbo kicked in it took off ... and had great steering
and brakes too.

Old June 2nd 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

No turbo, I figured 2.2 was fairly common since my friend had one too (mine
was auto, his manual) He (well his parents) also had an 84 Caravan with the
same 2.2L and let me tell you it wasn't much of a performer in the van.
A few years later I bought an Omni (84 I think) with the 1.6L Peugeot
engine, just not the same :-(

. com...

Old June 8th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
et...
> The loan from the US government allowed them to keep things going. Then
> the K-car and the first 7 year/70K mile warranty are what allowed Chrysler
> to generate the cash to design the Minivan and then purchase Jeep.
>
> Bob

There wasn't a loan from the US government to Chrysler. There were loan
guarantees, IOW the US Gov. cosigned for loans.

Ken

Old June 8th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Ken,

Yes, you are correct in that the government was the guaranteeor and not the
originator of the loan. Although more accurate, it is not relevant to the
points I made regarding the success of the K-car and the Minivan providing
the basis for Chrysler's purchase of Jeep.

Bob

Old June 9th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Bob,

I agree with what you said here. The relevance is that saying that Chrysler
received a loan from the US Gov furthers an inaccurate belief that many have
held for the last 20-odd years.

Best Wishes,

Ken

> Yes, you are correct in that the government was the guaranteeor and not
> the originator of the loan. Although more accurate, it is not relevant to
> the points I made regarding the success of the K-car and the Minivan
> providing the basis for Chrysler's purchase of Jeep.
>
> Bob
>
> "NapalmHeart" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
>> et...
>>> The loan from the US government allowed them to keep things going. Then
>>> the K-car and the first 7 year/70K mile warranty are what allowed
>>> Chrysler to generate the cash to design the Minivan and then purchase
>>> Jeep.
>>>
>>> Bob

>> There wasn't a loan from the US government to Chrysler. There were loan
>> guarantees, IOW the US Gov. cosigned for loans.
>>
>> Ken

om...