Question about steering

Old November 2nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Question about steering

One more of my stupid questions:

I have a 97 accord ex. When the car is running but not moving, I turn the
steering either left or right, there is a hum that comes out of the hood and
vibration seems to increase a bit. Additionally if I turn the steering left
there is a pull but towards the the right there is no pull. As you must have
guessed, I have absolutely no idea about cars especially cars that are a bit
old. So is that normal? I have recently had my timing belt replaced too.

Thanks!

Old November 2nd 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

w wrote:
> One more of my stupid questions:
>
> I have a 97 accord ex. When the car is running but not moving, I turn the
> steering either left or right, there is a hum that comes out of the hood and
> vibration seems to increase a bit. Additionally if I turn the steering left
> there is a pull but towards the the right there is no pull. As you must have
> guessed, I have absolutely no idea about cars especially cars that are a bit
> old. So is that normal? I have recently had my timing belt replaced too.
>
> Thanks!

------------------------------

Read through the part in your owner's manual about how to check the
steering fluid level. Add ONLY honda fluid. Your manual is available
online too. Google this newsgroup (I can't find the link).
'Curly'

Old November 4th 07, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Thanks for the reply! I have been pretty bz lately and should be able to
check the level tomorrow so now I have two questions:

1- If it is low I should just fill it up with honda power steering fluid? No
drainage or anything required?

2- If it had been low for some time wot sort of damage would it have caused?
And how do I check for that?

Wajahat

Old November 4th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The steering fluid is close to max. What should I check now?

Old November 5th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

You should not be turning the steering wheel if the car's not moving!
If you didn't have Power steering you wouldn't be able to.
Bg

Old December 6th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

now that you have topped off the fluid, jack the front wheels up and
with the engine idling, turn the steering wheel from lock to lock
about 6-7 times to bleed the air out of the system.

Power steering question j Technology 4 July 29th 07 01:10 AM
'98 XJ Power Steering question 98XJ Jeep 2 April 22nd 07 08:43 PM
Steering Wheel Question Birdlander VW air cooled 4 May 1st 05 08:08 AM
Question on steering... Psycho BMW 0 March 19th 05 10:54 PM