2008 Accord

Old December 7th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

Default 2008 Accord

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message ...
>> Well, I was quoting from memory - the bottom line is that
>> we were discussing two EX-L cars and it was clear I could
>> get EX-L for the price of EX-LNAV.

> Well..then I wish I had your car deler when I was shopping
>
>>> Anyway...regardless....congrats on your Accord.

>> Thanks.

> You using Mobile 1 or the like?
>
> I use it exclusively, so I can't wait until the first oil change is due
> after the first, original factory one.

Yes, I am paying 3x as much to get synthetic oil at honda dealer.
I need to switch to do it myself, but I am not sure how might this
impact my "honda care" extended warranty...

BTW - I got the invitation recently for a 50000 miles maintenance
work to the dealer - do you guys know what can be expected
from such a service on the 2004 accord 4-cyl EX-L ?
Old December 7th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 16:20:37 -0600, Pszemol > wrote:
>"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message ...
>>> Well, I was quoting from memory - the bottom line is that
>>> we were discussing two EX-L cars and it was clear I could
>>> get EX-L for the price of EX-LNAV.

>> Well..then I wish I had your car deler when I was shopping

>>> Thanks.

>> You using Mobile 1 or the like?
>>
>> I use it exclusively, so I can't wait until the first oil change is due
>> after the first, original factory one.

>Yes, I am paying 3x as much to get synthetic oil at honda dealer.
>I need to switch to do it myself, but I am not sure how might this
>impact my "honda care" extended warranty...

>BTW - I got the invitation recently for a 50000 miles maintenance
>work to the dealer - do you guys know what can be expected
>from such a service on the 2004 accord 4-cyl EX-L ?

Why don't you just ask the neighbor's kid to read the maintenance schedule
for you?
Old December 8th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 23:50:58 -0500, Polfus <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote:

>"AZ Nomad" > wrote

>>>BTW - I got the invitation recently for a 50000 miles maintenance
>>>work to the dealer - do you guys know what can be expected
>>>from such a service on the 2004 accord 4-cyl EX-L ?

>> Why don't you just ask the neighbor's kid to read the maintenance schedule
>> for you?

>Here's a better newsgroup for you, fruitcake:

Neighbors kid couldn't stop laughing at you? Why don't you just
read it yourself?
Old December 10th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message ...
>> Yes, I am paying 3x as much to get synthetic oil at honda dealer.
>> I need to switch to do it myself, but I am not sure how might this
>> impact my "honda care" extended warranty...

> Their Owner's Manual says that if you change it yourself, just keep records
> of it in the seperate record book that comes with the car.
>
> I would keep all receipts, and just document the required info at change
> time. The manual says it will NOT void any warranty, unless of course they
> can prove you did something wrong..like not putting a *new* oil bolt-washer
> thingie back on, or use wrong formula/weight oil, or something like that.
>
> I will be changing the first one myself, no doubt. Second one too when oil
> filter needed.
>
> Other stuff like fluids we should always check ourselves. Brake fluid should
> be done by someone that knows how, and I could do it, but what a pain it is
> and I might screw it up easily. Etc...

I saw the manual but I was wondering if somebody here
has first hand experience in usung this honda care warranty
and if they did not give hard time because oil changes were
done not in the shop.

>> BTW - I got the invitation recently for a 50000 miles maintenance
>> work to the dealer - do you guys know what can be expected
>> from such a service on the 2004 accord 4-cyl EX-L ?

> Fluid checks, tire check/rotation, oil/filter change if needed, shocks
> check, timing? perhaps, put on the Dyne Im sure...who knows especially since
> its out of warranty, except if has used car one. Most likely you'll pay for
> everything on the "service" appointment.
>
> Best thing really is to call 'em, ask fer Service Dept., and ask
> 'em...everything else is a guess really.

I called them, and the person faxed me a list.
They call it "Minor Maintenance Package", cost is $138 + tax.

This is the list:

- Oil & filter change
- Scope engine (check timing & carb.)
- Inspect & top off all fluid levels
- Inspect, clean & adjust brakes
- Rotate tires, check pressure
- Inspect transmission (adjust clutch for manual trans models)
- Inspect suspension system
- Inspect steering system
- Safety inspection
- Check battery charge level/battery cable condition
- Perform final road testing