Maiden Voyage

Old July 3rd 05, 06:02 PM
Shag

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:38:13 +0200, "P.J. Berg" >
wrote:

>Shag wrote:
>> http://www.mrefoods.com/
>> Hey, if you don't eat them during the trip, they'll be great for
>> snacks 50 years from now. Yum! :-)
>>
>> On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:53:39 -0400, "Funkie" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I did 7 hour each way trips. Thats 14 hrs driving a beetle for each trip.
>>>And did that trip 2 weekends in a row (28 hrs total). Orlando to Alanta and
>>>back, twice. Thats a trip.
>>>
>>>Carry your tools at all times, the basics at least. 15mm socket, wrench,
>>>hammer, large flat screwdriver, jack, jumper cables, etc. Short trips can
>>>become very long if you get caught without this stuff.

>HMmm, I just ordered a variety pack to check it out!
>
>J.

I've got about 30 or 40 of the entrees out in the garage. I take a
couple with me whenever I go offroading and take about 10 of them with
me usually when I go camping. :-)

Old July 3rd 05, 06:31 PM
remco

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:38:13 +0200, "P.J. Berg" >
> wrote:
>
> >Shag wrote:
> >> http://www.mrefoods.com/
> >> Hey, if you don't eat them during the trip, they'll be great for
> >> snacks 50 years from now. Yum! :-)

trip.

and

wrench,

can

> >HMmm, I just ordered a variety pack to check it out!
> >
> >J.

> I've got about 30 or 40 of the entrees out in the garage. I take a
> couple with me whenever I go offroading and take about 10 of them with
> me usually when I go camping. :-)

Yuck -- MREs taste better when you pay for them, then?

Old July 3rd 05, 08:42 PM
Paul Broadway

"remco" > wrote in message

> "Shag" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:38:13 +0200, "P.J. Berg" >
> > wrote:

> trip.

Alanta
> and

> wrench,

> can

will

> > >HMmm, I just ordered a variety pack to check it out!
> > >
> > >J.

> > I've got about 30 or 40 of the entrees out in the garage. I take a
> > couple with me whenever I go offroading and take about 10 of them with
> > me usually when I go camping. :-)

> Yuck -- MREs taste better when you pay for them, then?

MRE= Meals Rejected by Ethiopians!

--
Paul Broadway
1521 30th St.

Old July 3rd 05, 09:15 PM
Charles @ Kankakee

"Paul Broadway" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "remco" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Shag" > wrote in message

>> trip.

> Alanta
>> and

>> wrench,

>> can

> will

>> > I've got about 30 or 40 of the entrees out in the garage. I take a
>> > couple with me whenever I go offroading and take about 10 of them with
>> > me usually when I go camping. :-)

>> Yuck -- MREs taste better when you pay for them, then?
>>

> MRE= Meals Rejected by Ethiopians!
>
> --
> Paul Broadway
> 1521 30th St.
> San Diego, Ca.
> 92102-1503
> (619) 696-9831
> www.broadwaypub.com

MRE's are actually sold in civilian sorts that are actually somewhat
decent. I carry them on camping trips. But I also carry a cooler and we're
usually not that far out of town any more. I don't camp in a Westfalia yet,
we have just stuffed all our camping gear in a '95 Previa for now. ( I think
the Previa is more what the Type 2 would have become more than the Eurovan
in some ways.) Plus the Previa has air conditioning. At my age, getting
along without it on the road is getting harder and harder. . . .

Charles of Kankakee

Old July 4th 05, 08:16 PM
Paul Broadway

"Charles @ Kankakee" > wrote in message
snipped> >

> MRE's are actually sold in civilian sorts that are actually somewhat
> decent. I carry them on camping trips. But I also carry a cooler and

we're
> usually not that far out of town any more. I don't camp in a Westfalia

yet,
> we have just stuffed all our camping gear in a '95 Previa for now. ( I

think
> the Previa is more what the Type 2 would have become more than the Eurovan
> in some ways.) Plus the Previa has air conditioning. At my age, getting
> along without it on the road is getting harder and harder. . . .
>
> Charles of Kankakee

I was just remembering my military days. We had a terrible cook on the
boat............ You are going to love the Westy! I don't know how I
existed without one. I love my 1982 Westy.

--
Paul Broadway
1521 30th St.

Old July 10th 05, 08:42 PM
cloud8

Funkie wrote:

> Carry your tools at all times, the basics at least. 15mm socket, wrench,
> hammer, large flat screwdriver, jack, jumper cables, etc. Short trips can
> become very long if you get caught without this stuff.

There was a thread on what essentials to pack you might want
to Google for.

Don't forget duct tape, flashlight, bailing wire and a cell.

Bon voyage!
--
Bill Merrill
Arlington, Mass.