1994 Bronco Problem

Old May 13th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Pic Perfect

Default 1994 Bronco Problem

I recently had the EAOD tranny rebuilt (professionaly). Ever since I
got my truck back it has run like total crap. Once it warms up it feels
like its about to vibrate apart. I had a thorough tune up done to it
because it felt like a plug wire was arcing out. That didn't help. I'm
at the point I don't even want to drive it anymore.
The truck has only 103k on it & has been babied for the last few
years because of the great condition it is in. Before the tranny was
rebuilt it ran like a bear.......went through 18" of snow on Valentines
Day storm we had here in Upstate N.Y. like it wasn't even there.
ANY sugestions would greatly be appreciated since this truck is
something I dont want to get rid of after putting $3000.00 into the
rebuild of the tranny............Thanks

Old May 14th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Clay B Carley

Pic Perfect wrote:
> I recently had the EAOD tranny rebuilt (professionaly). Ever since I
> got my truck back it has run like total crap. Once it warms up it feels
> like its about to vibrate apart. I had a thorough tune up done to it
> because it felt like a plug wire was arcing out. That didn't help. I'm
> at the point I don't even want to drive it anymore.
> The truck has only 103k on it & has been babied for the last few
> years because of the great condition it is in. Before the tranny was
> rebuilt it ran like a bear.......went through 18" of snow on Valentines
> Day storm we had here in Upstate N.Y. like it wasn't even there.
> ANY sugestions would greatly be appreciated since this truck is
> something I dont want to get rid of after putting $3000.00 into the
> rebuild of the tranny............Thanks

This sounds more like engine trouble at this point than trans trouble.
It is running rough at idle? At speed? Is it worse at idle, at wide
open throttle, or crusing? Most importantly, what engine do you have, I
see it may have come with the I-6, 302, or 351? Are you able to/ have
the codes been pulled from the computer, if any?
Old May 14th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Bud Weiser

I have the 5.0 302 in it. It runs good for about the first 10 minutes,
then runs rough when I hold the gas pedal down to maintain speed. If I
stomp on the pedal it takes right off running smoothly until I try to
maintain a constant speed. Once it starts running rough it does idle
rough too

Old May 15th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Clay B Carley

Bud Weiser wrote:
> I have the 5.0 302 in it. It runs good for about the first 10 minutes,
> then runs rough when I hold the gas pedal down to maintain speed. If I
> stomp on the pedal it takes right off running smoothly until I try to
> maintain a constant speed. Once it starts running rough it does idle
> rough too

I almost wonder if when the transmission work was done, the shop
disconnected the O2 sensor by accident? Or possibly broke it? Since
the truck runs ok when cold and rough when warm, that is kind of
pointing that direction. When it's cold, the computer runs in a known
good mode, since the O2 sensor won't work until it's hot. It takes 5 to
10 minutes (depending on type etc...) for the O2 sensor to get to
operating temp. Have those sensors ever been replaced? It's probably a
good idea to check them out at that mileage anyway.

If you can, you should have Autozone (or whoever) plug in a tester to
the truck & see what codes are in the computer. It should help point
you in the right direction.

Good luck!
Old May 15th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Bud Weiser

Thanks for the place ti start looking. I did bring it back to the tranny
shop (very reputable) & had them look it over & they found nothing out
of place. They replaced the same tranny on a 1989 F150 I had 4 years ago
& never had a problem with that at all. Thanks again...I'll try to keep
you posted