XM Raido and My 2007 Saturn ION....

Old July 19th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Solomon_Man

Default XM Raido and My 2007 Saturn ION....

All,
I have a 2007 Saturn ION that I have been very happy with and I now
wish I included the XM Radio with its purchase. My questions and
dilemmas are as follows;

1) As my 2007 Saturn did not have XM Radio when I bought it, is there
a way to activate/install/buy a XM Radio that I can use the Factory
Installed Radio.

I would even consider replacing the current Factory Installed Stereo
to another Factory Installed Saturn ION XM Radio Unit if that is
possibility. Does anyone know where the XM receiver is located in the
car? Is it part of the Stereo or is it a seperate receiver somewhere
in the car?

2) I would also like to have XM radio in my house to listen through my
home stereo and would like, if possible, to have a portable unit for
hikes etc.

The big issue is cost of the different receivers and subscriptions for
each. What have others done? Has anyone used a portable unit and tied
it in through the auxillary ports in the car stereo head unit?

Just looking for ideas or suggestions.

Thanks,
Chris

Old July 20th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
bo peep

On Jul 19, 11:33 am, Solomon_Man > wrote:
> 1) As my 2007 Saturn did not have XM Radio when I bought it, is there
> a way to activate/install/buy a XM Radio that I can use the Factory
> Installed Radio.

These guys specialize in wiring harnesses like that - http://www.autotoys.com

You might alternately find a suitable XM Saturn factory unit at a
wrecking yard, but don't forget that these radios are electronically
paired to the BCM - you would need to get a dealer to reprogram the
car to work with the new unit.

2007 Saturn Vue vs 2008 Vue [email protected] Saturn 4 April 4th 07 03:50 AM
2007 Saturn Aura B Rabbie Saturn 10 January 2nd 07 11:18 PM
2007 Saturn Sky Turbo - turq met - rvl Padraig Auto Photos 0 December 16th 06 08:53 AM
2007 Saturn Lineup 1.jpg DKR[_2_] Auto Photos 4 December 3rd 06 09:14 PM
2007 Saturn Lineup 2.jpg DKR[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 2nd 06 04:23 PM