What grade of shhet steel?

Old April 23rd 04, 07:03 AM
Paul Farber

Default What grade of shhet steel?

I need to put a new floor into my jeep.

There is a local metal shop that has 18 gauge sheet metal. But when he
asked me 'what type' of sheet steel I needed I was at a loss.

What 'type' (I already know the flat type) or 'grade'/'alloy' of sheet steel
do I need for autobody panels?

Dumb question.. but had to be asked.

Thanks

Paul

Old April 23rd 04, 10:06 PM
Mike Romain

You are getting into quite a job....

How are the mounts under the floor? i usually see the tub fall off the
frame before the floors are rotted out...

A gent I met a bit ago got replacement floor panels already made up.
They were not expensive.

I don't know where he got it, but it was from a Jeep or 4x4 shop here in
Toronto Canada.

Meanwhile, the CJ tubs were just plain sheet steel. The newer YJ tubs
were galvanized steel I have been told.

I said screw it and went fiberglass. My tub fell into 5 pieces when I
lifted it off by the roll bar...

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 23rd 04, 10:06 PM
Mike Romain

17" steel rims Jeffrey Audi 5 November 19th 08 10:43 PM
hubcaps for steel wheels hgl BMW 2 December 17th 04 08:11 PM
Steel Stock Wheels Alan Dodge 0 December 5th 04 07:10 PM
146 Steel Wheels/Tyres for sale Ex Alfa Adam Alfa Romeo 0 June 12th 04 06:11 PM