Self driven cars to eliminate countless jobs.

Old December 9th 13, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

Default Self driven cars to eliminate countless jobs.

On 12/8/2013 11:02 AM, Roger Blake wrote:
> On 2013-12-08, dsi1 > wrote:
>> What's your point? People will give up control of their cars because it
>> will make life easier for them - the same reason they use cars in the
>> first place. It will also save a ****load of lives.

> What's your point? You have no idea if it will "save a ****load of lives"
> unless you have devised a way to cross the Einstein-Rosen bridge into
> an alternate universe where this has already taken place. Is that what
> you've done? What are you doing slouching about here, man, go claim your
> Nobel Prize!
>
> Hey, if you want to "save a ****load of lives," why not outlaw fast
> food? One of the biggest killers in the U.S. is heart disease. Some
> people might complain about not being able to buy a Big Mac, but
> what's the problem as long as it saves lives? Hey, we could outlaw
> potato chips and fried chicken as well! Just think of the countless
> lives that would save!

You seem to be just babbling on - what's your point?
Old December 9th 13, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 12/8/2013 11:09 AM, Roger Blake wrote:
> On 2013-12-08, dsi1 > wrote:
>> That's a good point - 100% control of a car is an illusion. My
>> ASSumption is that people in the future will find it hard to believe

> Hey, as long as you recognize what that makes you look like, it's all good.
>
>> manner. Of course, the reason we have to do the driving ourselves is
>> because it hasn't been technically possible before.

> Ever been involved in software development, bunky? Ever see someone
> get killed due to a software error? (I have. Thankfully not my error)
> Your quasi-religous faith in technology is misplaced.

You have no idea of what my personal view of technology is. That's just
an ASSumption on your part. I have not been involved in software
development. Have you? Sounds like you have. That one dimensional
thinking might have been useful in the old days of programming but that
makes you guys clueless as to what's going on around you.

As far as I can see, saying that self-driving cars are not going to save
lives is an ASSumption on your part. Fair enough. I'll put my ASSumption
up against your ASSumption any day. Now we wait to see who's the big
monkey. Feel free to babble on, if you like. :-)

> I'll be sticking with my old, reliable AMC Hornet. Not a single danged
> computer in the whole vehicle, and no sensors beyond what is needed
> for the instrument panel.

That's nice. A 70s Hornet would be just your speed.

Old December 9th 13, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 12/8/2013 10:52 AM, JR wrote:

> A lot of people like to DRIVE, to have 100 percent physical control of their cars. The Joy of Driving. What is next, self piloting for small power boats, small aircraft?

Could have fooled me that a lot of people like to drive, by the sales of
crappy handling vehicles, and the amount of other activities "drivers"
perform while operating a vehicle.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old December 9th 13, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 12/8/2013 3:02 PM, Roger Blake wrote:

> Hey, if you want to "save a ****load of lives," why not outlaw fast
> food? One of the biggest killers in the U.S. is heart disease. Some
> people might complain about not being able to buy a Big Mac, but
> what's the problem as long as it saves lives? Hey, we could outlaw
> potato chips and fried chicken as well! Just think of the countless
> lives that would save!

Well, it would save the lives of chickens.

--
T0m $herm@n