Ghetto Marketing by Ford

Old September 13th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

Default Ghetto Marketing by Ford

I was wondering if it was a regional thing or a nationwide ad. It
really shows the power of advertising, since I scrapped the idea of
buying an F150 after seeing the posse of sub-literate shills rapping
and using the phrase 'flash your grille'.

I can't imagine that's a nationwide ad, please tell me Ford has more
sense than S. Florida...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old September 13th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Kate[_3_]

I'm in Tennessee, have not seen it yet.

Just teh thought makes me cringe.

Old September 13th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

You wont buy the truck because you don't like the ad???

There's some mighty powerful logic at work, there...

Old September 14th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> You wont buy the truck because you don't like the ad???
>
> There's some mighty powerful logic at work, there...

Obviously you have no freaking idea why marketing companies make
multi-millions of dollars for good national add campaigns...

These advertisements do make or BREAK deals, you think big corporations ****
those millions of dollars away for nothing?

Old September 14th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

I do NOT buy something because the ad campaign is good... I buy something
because I

A): need it

and

B): feel that it is a good product sold at fair price with good after sales
service....

It is those that buy because they feel good about a ****ing commercial that
have no freaking idea.....

"I buy this kind of ice cream because a hot brunette stole one from a guy in
a commercial"... "I buy that kind of aftershave because a dork is surrounded
by babes in the commercial"... "I buy that kind of insurance because a cute
little lizard might babysit my kids"....

Jayzus - get a grip!!!

A buying decision borne of a commercial or ad campaign that someone likes is
a poor buying decision. But, I guess that if you can't tell **** from
shinola, a slick ad is all you have left.

I can picture it now.... I was going to buy a Ford F150 because you never
know when you might want to hang it in mid-air by the box bolts - but now I
see that some punk rocker kinda guy might want to hang HIS F150 in mid-air
by the box bolts, I don't think I want one.... If you want an F150 and
believe it is the truck that will serve you well, you will buy one - even if
PeeWee Herman bought one the same colour....

News flash..... ugly brunettes steal ice cream cones, too (worse yet, NO
brunette might steal your cone).... good looking guys that use that
aftershave are lonely... and we're not sure that the cute little lizard
isn't a pedophile.....

Old September 14th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

Nearly forgot..... saw a McDonalds commercial a few days ago.... later that
night, I was out and about and started feeling a tad peckish.... The
hamburger I got bore little resemblance to the one in the ad and even less
resemblance to a real hamburger... I don't understand it. After all, the
people in the ad were attractive and "normal"....

I'm sure it would have tasted better if Micheal Jackson was doing the ad....

At least it might not have given me the drizzling ****s....

Old September 14th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> Nearly forgot..... saw a McDonalds commercial a few days ago.... later
> that night, I was out and about and started feeling a tad peckish.... The
> hamburger I got bore little resemblance to the one in the ad and even less
> resemblance to a real hamburger... I don't understand it. After all, the
> people in the ad were attractive and "normal"....
>
> I'm sure it would have tasted better if Micheal Jackson was doing the
> ad....
>
> At least it might not have given me the drizzling ****s....

So are you trying to say you think big corporations **** those millions of
dollars away for nothing?

Old September 14th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Blue Mesteno

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
>I do NOT buy something because the ad campaign is good... I buy something
>because I
>
> A): need it
>
> and
>
> B): feel that it is a good product sold at fair price with good after
> sales service....
>
> It is those that buy because they feel good about a ****ing commercial
> that have no freaking idea.....

OK. I understand COMPLETELY where you're coming from Jim, but you need to
remember that we are a nation of MORONS!!! All you have to do is go sit in a
mall for 15 minutes, or go watch a security checkpoint in an airport for
less than 5 and KNOW we are mostly a bunch of F'n idiots who can't help
ourselves other than to be morons with an IQ in the double digits (Present
company not included). Come ON this is the US. The land of the free, home of
the intellectually inept!

In the US I would be surprised if 1/10th of the population actually uses
their brain the way it was intended to be used. That is, other than the
lower autonomic brain functions such as breathing, keeping the heart
pumping, sex, etc.

Scott W.
'68 Ranchero 500
'69 Mustang
TS #57

Old September 15th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

We have them here in Canada, too, Scott... and I very nearly became one of
them. My last experience with the goldens arches, though, has re-affirmed my
faith. If a McDonalds commercial gets my gastric juices flowing, I will go
to my usual burger joint - the one that makes me wait 20 minutes for an 8
dollar hamburger - knowing that McDonalds has succeeded in making a consumer
buy a burger.... just not one of theirs....

With "nobody" starting to sound like a freaking parrot, I feel the need to
remind everyone that some of these commericals can cost BIG BUX to produce
and BIG BUX to air... the cost of these ads being borne by the consumers
purchasing the product. "Nobady" hasn't grasped the idea thatit isn't the
advertiser that is spending money for the commercial, it is the consumer
buying the commercial along with the product....

The inability to perform any cognitive thought processes or make any logical
decisions is a fast spreading disease... One only needs to review recent
legislation to see it is true. New laws are being passed all the time to try
and keep these bozoes from killing themselves or harming others - and all
that is required is common sense.

Some guy PM'd me to tell me that he isn't going to buy a Jag because Ford
hires faggots...... it makes no matter to me but if a penis extension....
whoops, I meant Jag ... is what he wanted, he has denied himself that
"pleasure" (I don't believe that buying a Jaguar is a wise buying decision
either way).

One example out of many.... I tried a buddies compound mitre saw.... a
"Brand X" midprice model...... it was OK but not great. Come time to buy
one, I chose a DeWalt.... 10 times the saw my buddy bought. Now, let's
pretend that I saw a DeWalt ad that ****ed me off and I decided there and
then not to buy the DeWalt and get the same thing as my friend.... That
would have been a very unwise buying decision.

McDonalds is very active in childrens welfare... Ronald McDonald houses all
over the place. Very commendable. They have some nifty commercials.... but
I'm not going to buy their burgers....

Advertising is all bull**** dressed up to go out... I like quality I can
feel and touch and use for years with no problems.... If the thing is a POS
or is ahrd to use or constantly breaks down, fondly remembering a glitzy ad
isn't going to make it any better...

It's good to see that there is some sanity left in the world, Scott... your
are almost like a ray of sunshine...

Old September 15th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
lab~rat >:-)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 05:18:22 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> puked:

>I do NOT buy something because the ad campaign is good... I buy something
>because I
>
>A): need it
>
>and
>
>B): feel that it is a good product sold at fair price with good after sales
>service....
>
>It is those that buy because they feel good about a ****ing commercial that
>have no freaking idea.....
>
>"I buy this kind of ice cream because a hot brunette stole one from a guy in
>a commercial"... "I buy that kind of aftershave because a dork is surrounded
>by babes in the commercial"... "I buy that kind of insurance because a cute
>little lizard might babysit my kids"....
>
>Jayzus - get a grip!!!
>
>A buying decision borne of a commercial or ad campaign that someone likes is
>a poor buying decision. But, I guess that if you can't tell **** from
>shinola, a slick ad is all you have left.
>
>I can picture it now.... I was going to buy a Ford F150 because you never
>know when you might want to hang it in mid-air by the box bolts - but now I
>see that some punk rocker kinda guy might want to hang HIS F150 in mid-air
>by the box bolts, I don't think I want one.... If you want an F150 and
>believe it is the truck that will serve you well, you will buy one - even if
>PeeWee Herman bought one the same colour....
>
>News flash..... ugly brunettes steal ice cream cones, too (worse yet, NO
>brunette might steal your cone).... good looking guys that use that
>aftershave are lonely... and we're not sure that the cute little lizard
>isn't a pedophile.....

My point is that I had a shortlist of vehicles, and that ad turned me
away from the Ford product. Maybe I realized I didn't need a truck
right now on my own, but in my mind that commercial helped me realize
it.

It is VERY obnoxious.