Chrysler Neon beeps when reaching 120km/h

Old October 17th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Chrysler Neon beeps when reaching 120km/h

wrote:
> I have not - didn't realize that you could do it that way.
>
> Thanks.

It's a shot in the dark, but it's free and doesn't take much time so
you should try it before going to the dealer.

I remember my dad once asking my mother to hold a large adjustable
wrench he handed her from underneath a car that he was working on. She
set it down on the battery and, with a very spectacular sound and light
show, reset the ecu and fixed the problem. That's probably not the
best way to power cycle a chip, but it worked that day.

Matthew

Old October 18th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Comboverfish wrote:
> Just incase the OP gets any ideas from your anecdotal
> semi-suggestion... the worst advice you could give someone is to short
> the two battery terminals together ("She set it down on the battery
> and, with a very spectacular sound and light show"). The correct way
> to drain any charged capacitors in the system is to remove both battery
> cables and touch them together. This way you don't shunt the battery
> like an fool. It most likely won't cure the OP's problem in any case.

Yes, that's what I tried to say in the earlier post.

DON'T SHORT THE BATTERY! Pull - BOTH - CABLES - and connect those
together. That should be simple, but pay attention as a car battery
won't always forgive an oops.

Old October 18th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Knifeblade_03[_68_]

Just another slight possible.

Perhaps you have some sort of speed warning system? Some cars, I
remember some Buicks particularly, had an audible alarm feature that
would turn on at a preset speed to warn the driver of reaching that
speed.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826