E36 320SE 1992 Central Locking problem

Old May 17th 05, 09:55 PM
Marco

Default E36 320SE 1992 Central Locking problem

Hi
I bought this car acouple of weeks ago and everything was
perfect....................until I had the engine steam cleaned!

The problem is the key fob turns the alarm on but the doors do not
lock. Its a bit of a pain because when you lock the drivers door with
the key, they all open again after half a second. Even if you push the
inside catch down it pops up again. I am having to turn the key in the
lock and wait until the other doors open then get in the back and push
the catch down on each door to lock it.
I had the plugged into the diagnostic tool and it stated there were no
faults, and I just had to wait for moisture to dry out of a cable
sheath..................but its been 2 weeks now inwarm weather.

Any ideas would be great as I never worked on one of these before,
even if it means pulling out a relay so the other doors stay locked
(where is it?_)

Cheers

Marco
Old May 18th 05, 01:48 AM