'92 Corsica will not start i need help fast

Old July 1st 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
mike96[_1_]

Default '92 Corsica will not start i need help fast

the car is a 2.2 and is geting lots of spark fule pump is going it
it sounds like it wants to start but it will not.
can anyone help me with this
thanks

--
mike96
mike96's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=462884

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old July 1st 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
matrix733

you might already checked this but did you make sure your firing order
is correct. Also does this car use a distributor or an ignition
module?

Old July 1st 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
mike96[_2_]

sorry the car is a 3.1and the firering order was never messed with
the car was dealer maintained tell i got it last week.
the gas tank was empty but i put $10 in it .so i was thinking that the
fule filter was full of dirt from the bottom of the tank or the fule inj
are bad ????
what do you think? would the cranking censor make it do that the car is
geting lots of spark??

thanks

mike96

Old July 1st 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Try spraying carburetor cleaner into intake manifold , disconnect
a vacuum hose, spray a couple seconds worth, plug vacuum hose back in
and try to start car, if it now runs for a second or two you have a
fuel problem. otherwise check for spark, pull a plug wire and have
someone crank car (have him set handbrake and put in park so car
doesn't move) and put a phillips screwdriver in boot and hold metal
part about 1/2 to 3/4 inch from metal valve cover or other metal parts
of engine and see if spark fires. (hold plastic insulated handle of
screwdriver). I think crank sensor might be behind engine pulley,
check to see if damaged, and also try to locate camshaft sensor.

Old July 1st 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
mike96[_3_]

its geting a good spark but the fule lines were empty and the guy just
tryed to started it with out runing the fule pump 3 or 4 times to get
the presser back up. what i mean is to turn the key to the on so the
pump runs then turn the key off and do it again i think that will work
caz the car was run dry of gas and only sat for 3 weeks

Old July 2nd 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_1_]

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:31:03 -0700, mike96
> wrote:

>the car is a 2.2 and is geting lots of spark fule pump is going it
>it sounds like it wants to start but it will not.

What does it do, that you say it sounds like it wants to start? Is it
actually catching?

If so, does it do that just once (like, right when you first key it), or
repeatedly as long as you hold the key on?