2004 Vue V6 AWD

Old March 22nd 05, 10:19 PM
Joe

Default 2004 Vue V6 AWD

FYI,
14,000 miles, less than one year old and the battery fails. Saturn just
replaced it under warranty but, so much for AC Delco parts!

Old March 23rd 05, 12:03 AM
B. Peg

> "Joe" wrote:
> FYI,
> 14,000 miles, less than one year old and the battery fails. Saturn just
> replaced it under warranty but, so much for AC Delco parts!

I test drove a Dodge truck once. The dealer needed to jump it to make it
run. Sat in the lot so long with the dealer's alarm on it the battery was
fully dead. No doubt the buyer of that truck has had a new battery since
then.

Fwiw, my car batteries only last 2 years in the heat of CA central valley.
I even went through 3 Wal-Mart Super Cranks in one year on same vehicle.
They just don't make them like they used to. Smaller batteries = closer
plates, and they seem to short out with all the potholes around here.

B~

Old March 23rd 05, 02:42 PM
Scott MacIntyre

You guys just made me think.....I realize that I've never changed the
battery in my '99 F150...Has never even given a shred of evidence that it's
crapping out. But of course, now that I said that.... Have a '94 Saturn
SL2 with the same battery I replaced the stock one in '96 with...That one's
a Die-Hard... 8-9 years out of a battery's not to bad, is it?

Scott

Old March 23rd 05, 06:15 PM
Chuck

> "B. Peg" > wrote in message
> > > "Joe" wrote:
> > > FYI,
> > > 14,000 miles, less than one year old and the battery fails.

Saturn just
> > > replaced it under warranty but, so much for AC Delco parts!

94 SW2, 95 SW2 and 96 SL2
All 3 - battery and 3-year warranty expirations have coincided.

Old March 24th 05, 09:20 PM
Paul Elliot

Chuck wrote:

> Saturn just

> 94 SW2, 95 SW2 and 96 SL2
> All 3 - battery and 3-year warranty expirations have coincided.

Ahh..practically perfect product planning! ;-)

2004 Vue AWD V6 25,000 miles, still cranking fine.

Paul E
--
"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt

bestop Jeep give away 2004 Rusted Jeep 1 March 9th 05 07:41 AM
Cost of 2004 CR-V, EX, Auto Harvey Cohen Honda 3 September 30th 04 01:09 AM
Mitchell on demand 2004 - 2003, Alldata CD SETs, BMW ETC, General Motors, Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Mercedes Truck, Mini E, Porsche, Saab, Volkswagen, Volvo, AUDI, Jaguar, Land Rover, CHRYSLER DODGE, Peugeot and Renault, Acura Isuzu, Kia, Mitsubishi, Niss vvcd VW water cooled 0 September 19th 04 11:35 PM
FS: 2004 "LOWRIDER" Euro Custom Compact Cars Calendar with Poster J.R. Sinclair General 0 June 28th 04 05:32 AM
2004 Saturn Vue V6 is awsome! Ken R Saturn 9 May 20th 04 03:47 AM