Convertible Roll over bars - windshield frame

Old January 19th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.tech

Default Convertible Roll over bars - windshield frame

wrote:
> "And by the way- you'd be surprised how little protection a full roof
> gives in a rollover sometimes... "
>
> Especially when the windshield pops out- its a structural member.
> (I couldn't believe that when I first heard it...)
>
> Dave

That's why they're almost universally glued in now. They're designed to
STAY in and add a little rigidity to the front of the roof.

nate

(strange but true...)

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 19th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.tech

Indeed. The rear head rests. They can be raised and lowered in 'normal'
use. They pop up and lock in an emergency. This includes, I gather, the
car being at an 'unnatural' angle.

DAS

---

"ferretkona" > wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
Some cars like the Mercedes have a automatic pop up roll
> bar.

[...]

Old January 22nd 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.tech

I agree.
A real roll bar will have a government certification label on it, certifying
it as such.
Ran into this while selling my vehicle. The potential buyer was warning me
about advertising a bar as a roll bar when it wasn't. Tried to get the
price down.
When we were inspecting the vehicle previous to negotiating the price, lo
and behold, we came across this government certification tag that
specifically stated it was a roll bar, the price went up on the vehicle.
The buyer was a HD mechanic, and new the difference between a real roll bar
and a decoration. He bought the vehicle.

And by the way, I think most vendors would like you to think, it is a roll
bar, even if it's not.

"Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> says...
> >

> >OT: About the jeep rollbar ... I have seen one collapsed a few years
> >back when the roll occurred at highway speed ... the driver was killed.
> >I keep meaning to look into this ... perhaps someone has info on "to
> >what speed" those jeep rollbars are good to.

> YOu can be sure that the jeep did not have a 'rollbar'. It had a light

bar or
> a style bar, or some other bar. Jeep is not dumb emough to call it that
> because they don't want people to think, as you know, that the bar can

protect

roll bars dave Mazda 13 December 26th 05 07:23 PM
Don't buy a honda after year 2k? Sam Steele Honda 55 December 18th 04 11:11 PM
SIX POINT ROLL CAGE for Neon (No reserve) on eBay Myname Dodge 0 August 22nd 04 05:51 AM