Electric Rangers for sale

Old June 7th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
EVRanger

Default Electric Rangers for sale

We have exciting news!

Our company was able to save a number of Ford EV Rangers from
being "disposed of". If you were one of the original users/lessees
of these trucks, we know how hard it was to turn them in at the end
of your lease. Now is your opportunity to put these trucks back into
your garage for good!

All of our trucks are lease returns, and some were originally leased
by government or utility customers. Due to the short term of the
original leases, and the controlled applications in which they were
used, all of our trucks have very low mileage (only 6,000-16,000
miles!). Model years range from 1998-2001.

Because of our unique experience working with electric vehicles, we
have the technical expertise to ensure these trucks are in top
operating condition. You can be assured that each vehicle you
purchase has passed a thorough 95+ point inspection, safety check,
and had the entire battery pack replaced, or refurbished.

These trucks are being sold "as is". We are, however, offering a
Limited Traction Battery Pack Warranty. If range drops more than 10
miles within 6 months, ship vehicle back to us (FOB Sacramento) and
we will repair it at no charge (includes parts and labor for
batteries only). Special warranty applies only to the repair of the
vehicle traction battery pack batteries only, and does not affect the
rest of the vehicle or other components.

In addition, we are the official used parts provider, on behalf of
Ford Motor Company, and carry a large inventory of EV Ranger parts.

We are offering discount pricing for fleet purchases of 3 or more,
and have more than a dozen units ready to ship.

Please share this information with your stakeholders, local fleets or
interested parties. Please respond to us with your questions at,
We will respond to all inquiries, and look forward
to working with you!

Old June 7th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dahpater

On Jun 7, 10:20 am, EVRanger > wrote:
> We have exciting news!
>
> Our company was able to save a number of Ford EV Rangers from
> being "disposed of". If you were one of the original users/lessees
> of these trucks, we know how hard it was to turn them in at the end
> of your lease. Now is your opportunity to put these trucks back into
> your garage for good!
>
> All of our trucks are lease returns, and some were originally leased
> by government or utility customers. Due to the short term of the
> original leases, and the controlled applications in which they were
> used, all of our trucks have very low mileage (only 6,000-16,000
> miles!). Model years range from 1998-2001.
>
> Because of our unique experience working with electric vehicles, we
> have the technical expertise to ensure these trucks are in top
> operating condition. You can be assured that each vehicle you
> purchase has passed a thorough 95+ point inspection, safety check,
> and had the entire battery pack replaced, or refurbished.
>
> These trucks are being sold "as is". We are, however, offering a
> Limited Traction Battery Pack Warranty. If range drops more than 10
> miles within 6 months, ship vehicle back to us (FOB Sacramento) and
> we will repair it at no charge (includes parts and labor for
> batteries only). Special warranty applies only to the repair of the
> vehicle traction battery pack batteries only, and does not affect the
> rest of the vehicle or other components.
>
> In addition, we are the official used parts provider, on behalf of
> Ford Motor Company, and carry a large inventory of EV Ranger parts.
>
> We are offering discount pricing for fleet purchases of 3 or more,
> and have more than a dozen units ready to ship.
>
> Please share this information with your stakeholders, local fleets or
> interested parties. Please respond to us with your questions at,
> We will respond to all inquiries, and look forward
> to working with you!

No thanx. I cook on a Gas Ranger.

Old June 7th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Kitchen Aid Range.
cuhulin

Old June 12th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®

The evranger peeple don't seem to be in any hurry to respond.
Whazzup?
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

oups.com...

Old June 12th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
> The evranger peeple don't seem to be in any hurry to respond.
> Whazzup?

Are you really that much of a Usenet rookie?

Companies that have to Spam Usenet for 'customers' are normally
scum/scam companies that can't sell their product on the legit market so
they come here fishing for suckers.

You never see 'real' companies Spamming Usenet.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...
Old June 12th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
ng.com...
> Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
>> The evranger peeple don't seem to be in any hurry to respond.
>> Whazzup?

> Are you really that much of a Usenet rookie?
>
> Companies that have to Spam Usenet for 'customers' are normally scum/scam
> companies that can't sell their product on the legit market so they come
> here fishing for suckers.
>
> You never see 'real' companies Spamming Usenet.

Well, I was wriggling on the line, they dint even bother to reel me in!

I would, without hesitation, buy an all electric pickup truck, with any kind
of intelligent design.
And reasonable price.

As far a spamming goes, on the machining ngs we have small specialty
companies pitch us, which is generally not viewed as spam.
But, you takes yer chances.
Like buying on HF.
--
------

Old June 12th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®

Or buying an american car.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Proctologically Violated©®" > wrote in
message ...

Old June 19th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tony Belding

On 2007-06-12 14:05:08 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
> said:

> I would, without hesitation, buy an all electric pickup truck, with any kind
> of intelligent design.
> And reasonable price.

Phoenix Motorcars has an electric SUT (Sport Utility Truck) that looks
really good. Check it. . .

http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/

However, it is going to fleet sales first, and price is a sticking
point. . . The high-tech batteries they put into it are extremely
expensive. The only way it makes economic sense is if they can sell
their California ZEV credits to other car makers. So if you are not in
California you might be out of luck. (Also it's not clear whether they
will really get anyone to buy those ZEV credits, or how much they'll be
worth.)

The electric car isn't dead, it's just recharging. The cost of
batteries is the last real remaining obstacle, and I think that will be
solved although it may take several more years.

--
Tony Belding, Hamilton Texas

Old June 19th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
clifto

Tony Belding wrote:
> The electric car isn't dead, it's just recharging. The cost of
> batteries is the last real remaining obstacle, and I think that will be
> solved although it may take several more years.

At my house the danger of dozens of heavy, acid-filled batteries in an
accident situation is a much bigger obstacle.
Old June 19th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Proctologically Violated©®

"Tony Belding" > wrote in message
> On 2007-06-12 14:05:08 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
> > said:
>
>> I would, without hesitation, buy an all electric pickup truck, with any
>> kind
>> of intelligent design.
>> And reasonable price.

> Phoenix Motorcars has an electric SUT (Sport Utility Truck) that looks
> really good. Check it. . .
>
> http://www.phoenixmotorcars.com/
>
> However, it is going to fleet sales first, and price is a sticking point.
> . . The high-tech batteries they put into it are extremely expensive.
> The only way it makes economic sense is if they can sell their California
> ZEV credits to other car makers. So if you are not in California you
> might be out of luck. (Also it's not clear whether they will really get
> anyone to buy those ZEV credits, or how much they'll be worth.)

The truck looks really nice. 95 mph, 0-60 of 10 sec, 100 mi range.
But the site is a little cryptic. I couldn't find a price, or battery
price.
Do you know what they're asking?
They claim 500 cars being made in 2007, 6,000 in 2008.
--
------