2001 Dodge Caravan Relay???

Old January 17th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2001 Dodge Caravan Relay???

swapped the relay woith another in the panel - there are about 8 of them and
the starting problem went away to be replaced by an idiot light problem.
Swapped it again and that problem went away to be replaced by wiper
problems. Pretty easy to figure it is intermittent.,

oups.com...

Old January 17th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Do the fuses that u are swapping have the same part number on them? The
idiot light very well might come on due to the vacancy the relay left
when it was swapped...this doesn't necessarily mean the relay is bad. A
better suggestion ( if u have relays with the same part number,) is to
remove a known good one and bench test it by taking resistence
measurements with an analog meter. Your troubleshooting descriptions is
vague at best . I think more needs to be done testing that circuit.
Ultimately, if it's simply a relay, one can easily obtain that from a
junkyard if nothing else. Jim

Old January 19th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

not swapping fuses - swapping relays. And there is no vacancy if it was
replaced by the other relay. And it is intermittent so measurements are
meaningless on it. It turns out the part is a Chrysler available one by the
info from people here. Bozos at the dealership did not know much it seems.

ups.com...

Old January 20th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

1. If you still have not obtained a relay, it doesn't really matter how
much your dealerships knows or not. 2) Why haven't u tried the
junkyard? 3) In the above post, I meant to say relay instead of fuse.
4) U said when the relay was replaced, that other problems
appeared...Other problems appeared while using a known good relay in
its place? And this leads u to believe that its a bad relay?! And
intermittent at that?! That's the way it appeared in your #11 post! Not
that u could have described it any clearer, but I'm going to assume
that when u place the suspect relay in place of the wiper relay
position, you experienced problems with the wipers. And that sometimes
the wipers did actually work in that scenario, making it, in fact, an
intermittent problem. But as I have said this is only an assumption as
your post is vague at best. Rest assured tho, you chance frying the ECM
if you swap using other than exact replacements. How much do u have in
common with the dealership?

Old August 1st 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
omar610

rockauto.com is where I got my replacement relay. It'll cost about
$12.00 not counting s&h. If they don't have the one for the Caravan
you can get the 200 dodge neon horn relay it should be the same relay.

--
omar610
omar610's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=526120

http://www.automotiveforums.com