NSW Number plate scanning

Old September 13th 08, 10:45 PM posted to aus.cars,aus.transport,misc.misc,aus.general,rec.autos.misc
Saab C900 Viggenist

Default NSW Number plate scanning

"Trevor Wilson" > writes:

>"the_dawggie" > wrote in message
>On Sep 11, 9:14 am, "Trevor Wilson"
> wrote:
>> "the_dawggie" > wrote in message

>> On Sep 10, 4:28 pm, Noodle > wrote:
>>
>> > Hello.

>> > NSW Police were out in force again TODAY (10th September 2008) at
>> > ANZAC PARADE, RANDWICK (Sydney, NSW), right opposite Randwick
>> > Racecourse, at 10:15am.

>> > They were automatically scanning license plates (ANPR) and also breath
>> > testing drivers.

>> > There were FOUR police cars in this roadblock.

>> URK, right outside my place.
>>
>> I suppose rego plate checking is a (good thing)tm catch and
>> burn car thieves. Breath testing is simply a requiment these days
>> from stopping a driver for any reason, along with work related medical
>> tests ... etc.
>> A problem with that is some people won't even know because of
>> tolerance,
>> so feel totally normal and probably are than totally sober. For people
>> without a tolerance, 0.02 can be too much. For others 0.7 can
>> be fine.
>>
>> **Bull****. A 0.7 reading would be extremely difficult, since most people
>> would not be conscious enough to blow into the meter.

>I can without any notice of it. So plan my driving. I got that reading
>on a medical inspection and said WTF 0.017??? No 0.7. I'm not
>sure their equipment was calibrated properly.

>**Something was wrong. 0.7 is well past comatose. VERY few humans could
>survive such a dosage. I can say without any doubt that your reading was
>wrong.

Lol yes 0.7 means 70 percent of the the blood fluid content is alcohol,
which while entirely possible (nothing is really impossible), it's not
possible to actually be alive as a normal earthbound Hugh-Mon (!) and have
that much alcohol in the bloodstream!

0.07 seems more likely. 8-) Especially since lots of people get caught all
the time with readings well above that (common to hear about 0.1 to 0.15
readings).

Craig.
--
Craig's Saab C900 Page at | Craig's Classic Saab Workshop - Sydney .au
http://lios.apana.org.au/~c900 | http://www.classicsaab.net and other URL's
Old September 13th 08, 11:33 PM posted to aus.cars,aus.transport,misc.misc,aus.general,rec.autos.misc
Trevor Wilson

"Saab C900 Viggenist" > wrote in message
> "Trevor Wilson" > writes:
>

>>"the_dawggie" > wrote in message
>>On Sep 11, 9:14 am, "Trevor Wilson"
> wrote:

>>> URK, right outside my place.
>>>
>>> I suppose rego plate checking is a (good thing)tm catch and
>>> burn car thieves. Breath testing is simply a requiment these days
>>> from stopping a driver for any reason, along with work related medical
>>> tests ... etc.
>>> A problem with that is some people won't even know because of
>>> tolerance,
>>> so feel totally normal and probably are than totally sober. For people
>>> without a tolerance, 0.02 can be too much. For others 0.7 can
>>> be fine.
>>>
>>> **Bull****. A 0.7 reading would be extremely difficult, since most
>>> people
>>> would not be conscious enough to blow into the meter.

>>I can without any notice of it. So plan my driving. I got that reading
>>on a medical inspection and said WTF 0.017??? No 0.7. I'm not
>>sure their equipment was calibrated properly.

>>**Something was wrong. 0.7 is well past comatose. VERY few humans could
>>survive such a dosage. I can say without any doubt that your reading was
>>wrong.

> Lol yes 0.7 means 70 percent of the the blood fluid content is alcohol,
> which while entirely possible (nothing is really impossible), it's not
> possible to actually be alive as a normal earthbound Hugh-Mon (!) and have
> that much alcohol in the bloodstream!

**Nope. 0.7 means 0.7% blood/alcohol. Most people forget that alcohol is a
poison. 0.7% will kill.

> 0.07 seems more likely. 8-) Especially since lots of people get caught all
> the time with readings well above that (common to hear about 0.1 to 0.15
> readings).

**Indeed. A 0.7 reading for a non-comatose human is pretty much impossible.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Old September 14th 08, 02:00 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.transport,misc.misc,aus.general,rec.autos.misc
Kwyjibo

"Saab C900 Viggenist" > wrote in message
> "Trevor Wilson" > writes:
>

>>"the_dawggie" > wrote in message
>>On Sep 11, 9:14 am, "Trevor Wilson"
> wrote:

>>> URK, right outside my place.
>>>
>>> I suppose rego plate checking is a (good thing)tm catch and
>>> burn car thieves. Breath testing is simply a requiment these days
>>> from stopping a driver for any reason, along with work related medical
>>> tests ... etc.
>>> A problem with that is some people won't even know because of
>>> tolerance,
>>> so feel totally normal and probably are than totally sober. For people
>>> without a tolerance, 0.02 can be too much. For others 0.7 can
>>> be fine.
>>>
>>> **Bull****. A 0.7 reading would be extremely difficult, since most
>>> people
>>> would not be conscious enough to blow into the meter.

>>I can without any notice of it. So plan my driving. I got that reading
>>on a medical inspection and said WTF 0.017??? No 0.7. I'm not
>>sure their equipment was calibrated properly.

>>**Something was wrong. 0.7 is well past comatose. VERY few humans could
>>survive such a dosage. I can say without any doubt that your reading was
>>wrong.

> Lol yes 0.7 means 70 percent of the the blood fluid content is alcohol,

Bull****. Not even close. (Well - it's close if you consider a 10,000%
margin for error to be accurate.........)

> which while entirely possible (nothing is really impossible),

Only if you were drained them embalmed with the stuff

--
Kwyj.