1986 Toyota Camry Turn-Signal/Flasher Problem

Old May 21st 05, 08:01 PM
mutuee

Default 1986 Toyota Camry Turn-Signal/Flasher Problem

I have a 1986 Toyota Camry with a Turn-Signal/Flasher Issue. The Rear
Turn-Signals/Flashers work fine, but the Front Turn-Signals/Flashers do
not flash at all. The two bulbs in both the front-left and front-right
corner lights operate fine when the parking/head-lights are on, but
they do not flash at all whether on or off, while the rear lights flash
just fine for both Turn-Signal and Flasher operations. The odd thing is
that the Hayes Camry Repair Manual says that the Left-Side operates
together and the Right-Side operates together and is independent of
each other and that there is no relation between Front and Rear. So can
someone help me with this mystery problem?
Thanks in advance.

Old May 22nd 05, 12:10 AM
William R. Watt

"mutuee" ) writes:

> ... Hayes Camry Repair Manual says that the Left-Side operates
> together and the Right-Side operates together and is independent of
> each other and that there is no relation between Front and Rear. So can
> someone help me with this mystery problem?

What does the wiring diagram in the back of the manual show?

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Old May 22nd 05, 02:16 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 21 May 2005, mutuee wrote:

> the Haynes Camry Repair Manual says that the Left-Side operates
> together and the Right-Side operates together and is independent of
> each other and that there is no relation between Front and Rear.

That helps explain the difficulty you're having.

See http://u225.torque.net/haynes_instructions.html
Old May 22nd 05, 03:53 AM
Comboverfish

I'm having a hard time following this..... but....

Aren't your only functional front turn signals mounted in the bumper?
The light housings to the outside of the headlights should be marker
lights, probably one or two 194 bulbs in each. The lenses are probably
half yellow and half clear. I really don't care enough to pay
attention to stuff like that normally, but that's how I remember them.

Toyota MDT in MO

Old May 22nd 05, 11:47 AM
sdlomi2

"Comboverfish" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm having a hard time following this..... but....
>
> Aren't your only functional front turn signals mounted in the bumper?
> The light housings to the outside of the headlights should be marker
> lights, probably one or two 194 bulbs in each. The lenses are probably
> half yellow and half clear. I really don't care enough to pay
> attention to stuff like that normally, but that's how I remember them.
>
> Toyota MDT in MO

MDT in MO's suggestion is seconded here. Check the condition of your
turn signal bulbs. Even if the markers are lighting (AND they serve as turn
signals, too--which I question), they have a separate filament for turn
signals, don't they?
Good luck & hope it's simple, like needing 2 front bulbs! s

Strange indicator (turn signal) problem on E34 Philip K BMW 2 November 3rd 05 06:43 PM
Alfa Romeo 156 alarm won't turn off problem Alfie Norks Alfa Romeo 14 October 23rd 04 04:33 AM
Turn Signal Problem iatros56 Corvette 2 October 14th 04 08:27 AM
C4 Corvette rear turn indicator light problem Chris Wiles Corvette 6 September 21st 04 03:05 PM