1999 Concorde Cruise Control Problem

Old February 25th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 1999 Concorde Cruise Control Problem

I recently took a trip to Louisville which was seven hours away. Going
to there, the Cruise Control worked fine, but on the way back when I
tried using it abruptly it stopped functioning in the middle of
driving. I would like to know what solutions there are for this. I
tried pushing the resume button, turning off the engine and then
restarting it a few minutes later, and turned the cruise control off
many times.

Old February 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I recently took a trip to Louisville which was seven hours away. Going
> to there, the Cruise Control worked fine, but on the way back when I
> tried using it abruptly it stopped functioning in the middle of
> driving. I would like to know what solutions there are for this. I
> tried pushing the resume button, turning off the engine and then
> restarting it a few minutes later, and turned the cruise control off
> many times.

That code be anything from the steering wheel switches,wiring,brake switch,
servo, vacuum line. A scan of the BCM (body control module) with a scan tool
may help if there is a fault code present.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old February 26th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

maxpower wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>I recently took a trip to Louisville which was seven hours away. Going
>>to there, the Cruise Control worked fine, but on the way back when I
>>tried using it abruptly it stopped functioning in the middle of
>>driving. I would like to know what solutions there are for this. I
>>tried pushing the resume button, turning off the engine and then
>>restarting it a few minutes later, and turned the cruise control off
>>many times.
>>

> That code be anything from the steering wheel switches,wiring,brake switch,
> servo, vacuum line. A scan of the BCM (body control module) with a scan tool
> may help if there is a fault code present.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

On the chance that it is the brake switch, check that your brake lights
are operating properly (i.e., are not stuck on). Like Glenn said, it
could be any one of several things - but that is one thing that can be
easily checked yourself at zero cost - and those switches do fail or get
out of adjustment.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

97 Caravan Cruise Control JM Chrysler 2 May 17th 05 08:09 PM
YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
e36 cruise control problem James BMW 2 March 29th 05 02:11 AM
1998 A6 Intermittant Cruise Control jay somerset Audi 5 September 30th 04 04:04 PM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM