How much is a 67 Plymouth Belveder 2dr with 440 Worth?

Old January 29th 05, 01:34 PM
mwilson812

Default How much is a 67 Plymouth Belveder 2dr with 440 Worth?

Does anyone know roughly how much this car might be worth? It's in my
neighbors field and he says he will probably want 3 to 4 thousand for
it.
Its a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door. The car has some rust here and
there and mostly around the rear window. The interior is all there and
has a bench seat. He told me it originally came with a 383 magnum that
has since been taken out. He told me the engine that is in it now is a
440 police interceptor. The appearance of the engine is rough, rusty
looking but has potential. It has a big Carter Thermal Quad carburetor
I think. It does not have a transmission but was originally an
automatic on the column and is still there. I should have wrote the
mileage down but I remember it was very low like 47,000 to 60,000 or
something close to that. The body is very straight and has a dent on
the trunk and rear bumper. It has some type of Mopar rally wheels from
that era. The hood does not have an original scoop but he did put on
one that looks like its from an old mustang.

I have always been a GM guy, but might be interested in restoring this
car if it is worth it. Does anyone know what this car is worth and are
there companies that still make parts for this car. I would appreciate
input from anyone who has knowledge with old Mopars.
When I go look at it again I will write down the any numbers I find.
Thanks for any advice in advance.
Mark

Old January 30th 05, 04:42 PM
Dog

Make sure you check out the frame as they had a tendency to rust.
ups.com...

Old February 4th 05, 06:57 PM
Ad absurdum per aspera

> It's in my neighbors field and he says he will
> probably want 3 to 4 thousand for it.

Holy inflated expectations, Batman. I know Mopar muscle prices can be
surprisingly high, but a quick glance around the Web indicates that
three or four thousand can probably get you a complete and running one
and six thousand elicits a pretty decent one you can drive home.

It's got the wrong engine (in unknown running condition), no tranny,
and enough rust in the usual places to make you wonder how much is in
the unibody. Oh, yes, and the grossly incorrect hood scoop. And it
apparently wasn't a GTX or other desirable variant to begin with.

I might take it on as a restoration project if I got it free or for a
few hundred dollars, and if critical locations down underneath passed
the screwdriver daylight test -- especially if I had a healthy
Torqueflite in the barn. Or maybe I'd buy it as a parts donor,
especially if I could get it started and make sure the 440 isn't the
reason it ended up parked in the South 40 and partially cannibalized.

But at his price, and from what you've described, this sounds like a
way to invest a lot of labor and no small amount of money and end up
with a nice, ordinary largish car of its day.

If you choose to take it on, you should find parts and advice readily
available.

One man's opinions, worth what you paid if your connect time is cheap,
--Joe