2006 Hondas

Old July 8th 05, 09:43 PM
Mike Iglesias

In article . net>,
>Why are they filming a commercial in Miami for a car they won't sell in the
>U.S. soon, anyway? One can only speculate.

The car in the pictures had right hand drive. Why would they film a
commercial in Miami for a car with right hand drive to show in the US?

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Old July 8th 05, 10:24 PM
Elle

"Mike Iglesias" > wrote
e wrote
> >Why are they filming a commercial in Miami for a car they won't sell in

the
> >U.S. soon, anyway? One can only speculate.

> The car in the pictures had right hand drive. Why would they film a
> commercial in Miami for a car with right hand drive to show in the US?

Why would they haul the Fit all the way to Florida when they can use
computer technology to make the thing look like it's anywhere?

I reckon it's all part of a greater Ponzi scheme.

Just as long as I get my little 1.5 Liter Fit/Jazz/Echo/Scion engine for
around $12k in five years or whenever the hood release cable on my 91 Civic
finally snaps and I spend two or more days getting the hood to pop. Then
I'll have a $250 car for someone else.

Old July 8th 05, 10:52 PM
SoCalMike

Elle wrote:
> "Mike Iglesias" > wrote
> e wrote
>
>>>Why are they filming a commercial in Miami for a car they won't sell in

> the
>
>>>U.S. soon, anyway? One can only speculate.

>>The car in the pictures had right hand drive. Why would they film a
>>commercial in Miami for a car with right hand drive to show in the US?

they can flip the image if they want.

> Why would they haul the Fit all the way to Florida when they can use
> computer technology to make the thing look like it's anywhere?
>
> I reckon it's all part of a greater Ponzi scheme.

itll be here. they might not have RHD models available for the
commercial. i dunno what hand drive the poster that saw em driving
around torrance had. ima wait.

> Just as long as I get my little 1.5 Liter Fit/Jazz/Echo/Scion engine for
> around $12k in five years or whenever the hood release cable on my 91 Civic
> finally snaps and I spend two or more days getting the hood to pop. Then
> I'll have a $250 car for someone else.

hood pins, nascar styleee.
Old July 8th 05, 10:56 PM
Andy Chang

Perhaps they were *not* filming a USA commercial? Perhaps it was a
commerical for Japan?

Old July 8th 05, 11:00 PM
Elle

"SoCalMike" > wrote
E wrote
> > Just as long as I get my little 1.5 Liter Fit/Jazz/Echo/Scion engine for
> > around $12k in five years or whenever the hood release cable on my 91

Civic
> > finally snaps and I spend two or more days getting the hood to pop. Then
> > I'll have a $250 car for someone else.
> >

> hood pins, nascar styleee.

Ha ha ha.... Never underestimate the resourcefulness of the posters at
rec.honda

:-)

Old July 9th 05, 01:50 AM
jim beam

Elle wrote:
> "Mike Iglesias" > wrote
> e wrote
>
>>>Why are they filming a commercial in Miami for a car they won't sell in

> the
>
>>>U.S. soon, anyway? One can only speculate.

>>The car in the pictures had right hand drive. Why would they film a
>>commercial in Miami for a car with right hand drive to show in the US?

> Why would they haul the Fit all the way to Florida when they can use
> computer technology to make the thing look like it's anywhere?
>
> I reckon it's all part of a greater Ponzi scheme.
>
> Just as long as I get my little 1.5 Liter Fit/Jazz/Echo/Scion engine for
> around $12k in five years or whenever the hood release cable on my 91 Civic
> finally snaps and I spend two or more days getting the hood to pop. Then
> I'll have a $250 car for someone else.

come on elle! that cable's /easy/ to replace. i replaced mine courtesy
of a junk yard. less than $5. it's worth it for piece of mind.

even if it does snap, just remove the front bumper and reach from
underneath. /then/ you can replace it! only 4 bolts hold the bumper on.

Old July 9th 05, 05:46 PM
Joseph Oberlander

> Why are they filming a commercial in Miami for a car they won't sell in the
> U.S. soon, anyway? One can only speculate.
>
> I just looked at all the photos at the site. Get a load of that engine
> compartment!

They ARE going to make it available, but only the 1.5 with all
the luxury options. Read: 13-14K. Not a super frugal car at that
price, but then again, it does have ABS standard and other features
that most small cars like it(and they need things like ABS the most)
just don't have.

That's why the Mini is selling so well - you can customize it
and get it in full luxury trim if you want - your econobox
doesn't have to have second class or third class components
unless you want a basic stripped-down model.

This little car is going to sell like crazy. I tried the Mini
and it was nice, but it was a bit too small and overpriced.
80% of the Mini with a more useable cargo area? Sign me up.
They're going to sell a million of them to car rental agencies
and for deliveries and so on alone. I still see little Geo
Metros and Echos and the like running around doing this - a
Honda version that's new? No-brainer.

And, no, none of the ads in Japan are done overseas - the
only reason they would possibly film in Florida is for
a N. American release. They of course aren't allowed to
say anything unless they like to be unemployed, so they
of course deny it until the day it comes out. Apple Computer
is famous for the same sort of thing - no info until it
hits the streets.

My only gripe is that the 1.2 isn't available as a
base model. $10-11K with stickshift. Beep Beep

Old July 9th 05, 07:36 PM
Elle

"Joseph Oberlander" > wrote
About the Honda Fit/Jazz:
> They ARE going to make it available, but only the 1.5 with all
> the luxury options. Read: 13-14K. Not a super frugal car at that
> price, but then again, it does have ABS standard and other features
> that most small cars like it(and they need things like ABS the most)
> just don't have.
>
> That's why the Mini is selling so well - you can customize it
> and get it in full luxury trim if you want - your econobox
> doesn't have to have second class or third class components
> unless you want a basic stripped-down model.
>
> This little car is going to sell like crazy. I tried the Mini
> and it was nice, but it was a bit too small and overpriced.
> 80% of the Mini with a more useable cargo area? Sign me up.
> They're going to sell a million of them to car rental agencies
> and for deliveries and so on alone. I still see little Geo
> Metros and Echos and the like running around doing this - a
> Honda version that's new? No-brainer.
>
> And, no, none of the ads in Japan are done overseas - the
> only reason they would possibly film in Florida is for
> a N. American release. They of course aren't allowed to
> say anything unless they like to be unemployed, so they
> of course deny it until the day it comes out.

Huh.

> Apple Computer
> is famous for the same sort of thing - no info until it
> hits the streets.
>
> My only gripe is that the 1.2 isn't available as a
> base model. $10-11K with stickshift. Beep Beep

Ha ha.

I was at my new Honda dealer's parts department today to check on some
prices and asked about the Fit and Jazz. The guy said with confidence that
they were supposed to be here (at his dealer's or at least on sale in the
U.S.) by last month but that got moved to January or a bit later in 2006.

Old July 10th 05, 08:00 AM
SoCalMike

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

>> Why are they filming a commercial in Miami for a car they won't sell
>> in the
>> U.S. soon, anyway? One can only speculate.
>>
>> I just looked at all the photos at the site. Get a load of that engine
>> compartment!

> They ARE going to make it available, but only the 1.5 with all
> the luxury options. Read: 13-14K. Not a super frugal car at that
> price, but then again, it does have ABS standard and other features
> that most small cars like it(and they need things like ABS the most)
> just don't have.

hm. sunroof?

> That's why the Mini is selling so well - you can customize it
> and get it in full luxury trim if you want - your econobox
> doesn't have to have second class or third class components
> unless you want a basic stripped-down model.

yup. i wish they offered those options on the 96-00 hatches. but nooooo.

> This little car is going to sell like crazy. I tried the Mini
> and it was nice, but it was a bit too small and overpriced.
> 80% of the Mini with a more useable cargo area? Sign me up.
> They're going to sell a million of them to car rental agencies
> and for deliveries and so on alone. I still see little Geo
> Metros and Echos and the like running around doing this - a
> Honda version that's new? No-brainer.

absolutely. i dont think itll convert any peeps that already bought a
small scion, mini, or new beetle. but if theyd get the word out, it
might get people to at least wait, which is what im doing. im in no
hurry to buy a new car, but id like to know all my options.

> And, no, none of the ads in Japan are done overseas - the
> only reason they would possibly film in Florida is for
> a N. American release. They of course aren't allowed to
> say anything unless they like to be unemployed, so they
> of course deny it until the day it comes out. Apple Computer
> is famous for the same sort of thing - no info until it
> hits the streets.
>
> My only gripe is that the 1.2 isn't available as a
> base model. $10-11K with stickshift. Beep Beep

yeah, well. my 1.6 is adequate, but its not an enthusiast motor. i dunno
if id wanna be hitting the 15 north to vegas thru the mtns from LA in a 1.2l
Old July 10th 05, 08:02 AM
SoCalMike

Elle wrote:
> Ha ha.
>
> I was at my new Honda dealer's parts department today to check on some
> prices and asked about the Fit and Jazz. The guy said with confidence that
> they were supposed to be here (at his dealer's or at least on sale in the
> U.S.) by last month but that got moved to January or a bit later in 2006.

dealer lackeys generally dont know ****. they like to THINK they do, and
want people to believe em. new model intros are usually in september,
but if theyre putting it off, then that kinda sucks.

2006 5 series E60 - when? sycle BMW 0 July 1st 05 05:35 AM
New to Hondas, got a few questions tonyrama Honda 21 May 11th 05 12:56 AM
UK Hondas [email protected] Honda 6 April 29th 05 04:33 PM
TDI and 2006 Diesel Regulations MB VW water cooled 12 October 31st 04 12:05 AM
buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006) Ruwan BMW 2 September 19th 04 11:27 PM