2006 C6 Auto trans

Old November 23rd 04, 02:13 PM
jruss

Default 2006 C6 Auto trans

I have heard conversation there would be a new 5 or 6 speed auto
transmission for 2006.
Anyone else have any information on this?

Old November 23rd 04, 04:10 PM
TF

are you sure it won't be auto shift like the Ferrari?
TF
ink.net...

Old November 23rd 04, 04:10 PM
TF

are you sure it won't be auto shift like the Ferrari?
TF
ink.net...

Old November 23rd 04, 06:51 PM
Bob G.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:14 -0800, "TF" > wrote:

>are you sure it won't be auto shift like the Ferrari?
>TF
>"jruss" > wrote in message
link.net...
>> I have heard conversation there would be a new 5 or 6 speed auto
>> transmission for 2006.
>> Anyone else have any information on this?
>>

>============

Topic was discussed on the Vettnet..at lenght.....bottom line is that
the torque curve on any Vette just does not require a 5 or 6 speed
auto transmission... extra weight and the cost were not really a
factor...

But who would want any auto trany ?

Bob G

Old November 23rd 04, 06:51 PM
Bob G.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:14 -0800, "TF" > wrote:

>are you sure it won't be auto shift like the Ferrari?
>TF
link.net...

Old November 23rd 04, 10:20 PM
TF

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:14 -0800, "TF" > wrote:
>
> >are you sure it won't be auto shift like the Ferrari?
> >TF
> >"jruss" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> >> I have heard conversation there would be a new 5 or 6 speed auto
> >> transmission for 2006.
> >> Anyone else have any information on this?
> >>

> >============

> Topic was discussed on the Vettnet..at lenght.....bottom line is that
> the torque curve on any Vette just does not require a 5 or 6 speed
> auto transmission... extra weight and the cost were not really a
> factor...
>
> But who would want any auto trany ?
>
> Bob G

Well, I thought I did, but would rather have stick now.
Too late now.
The steering wheel pad, auto clutch of the Modena might be nice in a Vette,
though.

TF

Old November 23rd 04, 10:20 PM
TF

Old November 24th 04, 09:17 AM
TF

Actually, I had heard the C6 was supposed to have an automatic and manual
clutch, in which the stick could be used with either.
Are they or did they do this?
TF

Old November 24th 04, 09:17 AM
TF

"TF" > wrote in message ...

> "Bob G." > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:10:14 -0800, "TF" > wrote:
> >
> > >are you sure it won't be auto shift like the Ferrari?
> > >TF
> > >"jruss" > wrote in message
> > link.net...
> > >>

> > >============

> > Topic was discussed on the Vettnet..at lenght.....bottom line is that
> > the torque curve on any Vette just does not require a 5 or 6 speed
> > auto transmission... extra weight and the cost were not really a
> > factor...
> >
> > But who would want any auto trany ?
> >
> > Bob G
> >

> Well, I thought I did, but would rather have stick now.
> Too late now.
> The steering wheel pad, auto clutch of the Modena might be nice in a

Vette,
> though.
>
> TF

1992 525i auto trans question Scott BMW 3 November 22nd 04 03:31 PM
"TRANS PROGRAM" on E34 w/ 237K Chip L BMW 5 November 3rd 04 07:50 PM
1992 525i Auto Trans question Scott BMW 1 October 10th 04 03:14 PM
885 kopers voor uw auto moi Audi 0 September 30th 04 10:24 PM
885 kopers voor uw auto moi BMW 0 September 27th 04 12:20 AM