breaking in new drum brakes?

Old January 29th 05, 06:01 AM
ant

Default breaking in new drum brakes?

i finally got around to putting new drums, hardware, and shoes on my
escort. the right side went swimmingly. the left side dragged a bit at
one point in the rotation no matter what i tried. i took the car for a
test drive and it feels fine. i hear a light rushing sound from the
rear when i use the brakes (doesnt really bother me. doesnt sound bad.
im sure there is a little wearing-in even with all new parts). however,
im wondering whether this slight drag (out of true drum?) is going to
be a problem. there is no noise, that i can hear easily, anyway. even
if it does accelerate wear, i would guess the parts will outlast the
car, as i think it's going to be junkyard parts within four months.

this is all new to me, obviously enough.

any words of wisdom? i could always bring the drum back to autozone,
but id have to find that receipt, and another trip, and ... etc etc
thanks
anthony