11 time DUI kills 2 teens - gets 38 years in prison

Old September 11th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default 11 time DUI kills 2 teens - gets 38 years in prison

This psycho should have been locked up long ago. Interesting that his
GF got 6 months for lending him the car.

http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/New...articleID=8461

Driver gets 38 years in fatal crash

By RON SELAK JR. Tribune Chronicle

A Geauga County judge Wednesday sentenced a Burton man to the maximum
38 years in prison for his part in the deaths of two Hiram college
students in a drunken driving crash in March.

Wednesday’s conviction of 47-year-old James Cline marked his 12th for
DUI.

Cline in July pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated vehicular
homicide, aggravated vehicular assault, fleeing and eluding and felony
DUI.

Cline was running from police when he struck the car head on, rolling
the teen’s vehicle into a ditch, police said.

Dead were Andrew Hopkins, 18, of Champion and Grace Chamberlain, 18. A
third student, Evan DaSilva, 19, of Rhode Island, survived, but spent
six weeks in the hospital and needed two months of rehabilitation for
his multiple broken bones and other injuries.

Cline’s blood alcohol content was more than three times the legal
limit in Ohio at the time of the crash.

Common Pleas Judge David L. Fuhry also sentenced Cline’s longtime
girlfriend for allowing Cline to borrow her vehicle, knowing that he
didn’t have a license.

(snip)

Old September 11th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

11 previous DUIs? Why did this person even have a license??? I'm
assuming that at this point he didn't but was driving anyway. It never
ceases to anger me when innocent people are harmed/maimed/killed due to
another person's stupidity or incompetence. :-(

Old September 11th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Jason Pawloski

I thought that if you killed someone in the process of committing a
felony (running from the police), then it was automatic murder 1? They
use that against armed robbers and what not all the time.

And notice it says he's going to get a "maximum" of 38 years. So he's
really not going to get anywhere near 38 years.

Old September 11th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 11 Sep 2006 06:40:46 -0700, "Jason Pawloski" >
wrote:

>I thought that if you killed someone in the process of committing a
>felony (running from the police), then it was automatic murder 1? They
>use that against armed robbers and what not all the time.

It's not automatic but he prolly could have been charged with felony
murder. FM is not usually charged unless the underlying felony is a
violent one and DUI is an extremely violent felony, but mamy people
don't think of DUI that way.
Old September 11th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
My Land of Misery

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> This psycho should have been locked up long ago. Interesting that his
> GF got 6 months for lending him the car.
>
> http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/New...articleID=8461

(big snip...)

GF got coddled...accomplice to murder. Should have gotten 2-5 years.

Old September 11th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Bill Funk said in
rec.autos.driving:
> "Common Pleas Judge David L. Fuhry also sentenced Cline?s longtime
> girlfriend for allowing Cline to borrow her vehicle, knowing that he
> didn?t have a license."

Sounds like the nice young men in the white jackets need to adjust
SADDAM's medications. I reccommend adding pancuronium bromide to the
mix.

--
N exus of
S tupid
Old September 11th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS left this steaming pile of dog **** in
rec.autos.driving for all to smell:

> Let's stop coddling these killers.

Good. I propose we start by executing you.

--
C orrupt
O rganization