04 Vue front end noise

Old December 29th 05, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default 04 Vue front end noise

Hi all,
I recently bought a 2004 V6 FWD Vue. In my opinion, it was a hard deal to
pass up. 24k, power/heated seats, moonroof, 6 speaker CD, like new
condition. $14,875. I added a bumper to bumper 100k warranty for a total of
$15,995.

So far I have driven it about 400 miles and just love it. The Honda V6 was
the big selling point for me. I am averaging just under 25 mpg which I
consider to be excellent for this type of vehicle.
Now my question. I have a rather loud squeaking noise coming from the front
end. It sounds like rubber rubbing together and only happens on road
imperfections during slow speeds (like going over speed bumps for example).
Its still under the factory warranty so it will be going to the dealer next
week. I am just curious as to what it could be.

Old December 29th 05, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

You may want to have the wheel bearings checked. I have a 2004 VUE V6 AWD
with 70K and just had both front wheel bearings replaced (under warranty)
due to excessive noise. Have your alignment checked as well, just had to
replace some parts at my expense, appears the previous owner bent the front
right suspension, which then wouldn't align properly. I like my truck,
especially the Honda engine, and just had most of the front end
done......hope this helps, get it done while under warranty.

Old December 29th 05, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Thanks for the info. I was thinking more along the lines of a strut problem.
The noise occurs as the suspension is moving up and down, hence the speed
bump example I gave.
It is a great truck though.
.. .

Old January 4th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:58:25 GMT, someone posing as Wes took a five minute
break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and scribbled:

> Thanks for the info. I was thinking more along the lines of a strut problem.
> The noise occurs as the suspension is moving up and down, hence the speed
> bump example I gave.
> It is a great truck though.

Enjoy it. I just drove my wife's '05 into work today again. Nice car. If
only it weren't so cramped up front.

--
.. . . .. . .. . .
. . . . .. .
Old January 5th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

"Perfect Reign" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:58:25 GMT, someone posing as Wes took a five minute
> break from flipping burgers to boot up the etch-a-sketch and scribbled:
>
>> Thanks for the info. I was thinking more along the lines of a strut
>> problem.
>> The noise occurs as the suspension is moving up and down, hence the speed
>> bump example I gave.
>> It is a great truck though.

> Enjoy it. I just drove my wife's '05 into work today again. Nice car. If
> only it weren't so cramped up front.

Still beats the space in my Vibe. I am sure not complaining about 25 mpg on
regular. My Vibe got me 31 but that was on Super.