04 ION front bushing problems?

Old October 2nd 04, 07:12 PM
cei/pwm

Default 04 ION front bushing problems?

I have an 04 Ion 3 with just over 2000 miles on it, a clunking in the
front end began about 300 miles ago and has grown steadily worse. The
car is at the dealer now and the service tech mentioned a bushing
problem with some Ions. Has any one else heard of this and if so what
info can you share.

thanks in advance, mrgrumpy

Old October 2nd 04, 09:07 PM
cei/pwm

Well just heard from the dealer and the front bushings are bad and need
to be replaced, also have had the coolant light come on several times and
rough starts, now the say there's a miss in the #4 cylinder and the
coolant issue are related. Anyone with similar problems or know what I'm
in for repair wise?

mrgrumpy

Old October 2nd 04, 10:18 PM
Rick

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 20:07:15 GMT, cei/pwm >
wrote:

>Well just heard from the dealer and the front bushings are bad and need
>to be replaced, also have had the coolant light come on several times and
>rough starts, now the say there's a miss in the #4 cylinder and the
>coolant issue are related. Anyone with similar problems or know what I'm
>in for repair wise?
>
>mrgrumpy
>
>cei/pwm wrote:
>
>> I have an 04 Ion 3 with just over 2000 miles on it, a clunking in the
>> front end began about 300 miles ago and has grown steadily worse. The
>> car is at the dealer now and the service tech mentioned a bushing
>> problem with some Ions. Has any one else heard of this and if so what
>> info can you share.
>>
>> thanks in advance, mrgrumpy

"know what I'm in for repair wise? I assume nothing. Isn;t it under
warranty??
Old October 2nd 04, 10:44 PM
cei/pwm

I know the repairs are covered but I am more interested as to others with the
same problem or it becoming a reoccurring problem etc. And with the
cylinder/coolant issue what all might be involved in the repair.

Old October 3rd 04, 05:18 PM
EDeneen

I have heard on saturnfans.com that front sway bar bushing is a known problem,
there may be a service bulletin on it.