1992 saturn SL coupe

Old October 9th 04, 10:06 PM
harm

Default 1992 saturn SL coupe

I have a 92 standard. I put in reverse and started to back out. When I went
to put it into 1st the gear shift just went completely free. I cannot put
it into any gear. And it is stuck in reverse. The gear shift just moves up
and down. The transmission fluid is fine and the car has always run
extremely well. I was still getting 31-33 miles to the gallon. Please
help. thank you very much.

Old October 9th 04, 10:57 PM
Henry Paul

Sounds like the shifter linkage has come loose from the transaxle possibly.
I had this happen to me on a Jeep Cherokee. I had to remove the boot around
the shifter to get to the shifter linkage. I'm not sure how to do this on a
Saturn.

--
Henry Paul

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 10th 04, 04:05 AM
saturn_SL2

shift linkage came loose...goto the HELP section in your local parts
store,,and purchase "c" clips..that should fix the problem

FS: 1992 corvette coupe - $10,900 RCG52 Corvette 2 October 1st 04 12:42 AM
1992 Saturn mpiquet Saturn 3 September 14th 04 02:15 PM
98 Saturn SL1 Coupe KellyHarvey Saturn 4 July 15th 04 10:33 PM
1992 Saturn SL2 overheats like a bitch, any suggestions jimjohnson Saturn 12 June 30th 04 08:09 PM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 06:04 PM