'94 Accord 208k Cylinder #3 Not Firing

Old April 3rd 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default '94 Accord 208k Cylinder #3 Not Firing

'94 Accord Sedan LX 208k

Yesterday while climbing a hill I felt a loss of power and suddenly a
lot of shaking. Prior to this the car had run smoothly, but did smoke
blue smoke at start up. Last night I changed out the plugs. Most had
oil on them so I changed out the valve cover and plug gaskets. The
smoke has since stopped, but cylinder #3 is not firing. The old plug
was black, and the new one was black too after running for a minute. I
know the wires are good, I didn't know better and tested the voltage
with the engine running and I think I burned my multimeter out.

I'm pretty sure compression in #3 is fine because I accidentally
started the car without the plug in and it sounded like a really loud
lawn mower or helicopter.

So now that I have run the car and fixed the gaskets, if I put a brand
new plug in #3 will it work? And will plugs covered in the black
carbon deposit stuff still fire, or are they toast?

Old April 3rd 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle[_2_]

> wrote
> '94 Accord Sedan LX 208k
>
> Yesterday while climbing a hill I felt a loss of power and
> suddenly a
> lot of shaking. Prior to this the car had run smoothly,
> but did smoke
> blue smoke at start up. Last night I changed out the
> plugs. Most had
> oil on them so I changed out the valve cover and plug
> gaskets.

Unfortunately there is one other set of seals that likely
are failing at this point and causing the oil to get on the
plug tops. See discussion at
http://honda.lioness.googlepages.com...sparkplugtubes

The
> smoke has since stopped, but cylinder #3 is not firing.
> The old plug
> was black, and the new one was black too after running for
> a minute. I
> know the wires are good, I didn't know better and tested
> the voltage
> with the engine running and I think I burned my multimeter
> out.

How old are the wires and are they OEM?

Are you using OEM plugs?

Old April 3rd 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Apr 3, 8:56*am, "Elle" > wrote:

> Unfortunately there is one other set of seals that likely
> are failing at this point and causing the oil to get on the
> plug tops. See discussion athttp://honda.lioness.googlepages.com/oilinthesparkplugtubes

There is no more oil in the plug chambers. The wires are working and
sparking fine. Is it possible that maybe some residue from burning oil
has clogged the injectors?