Bullet nose Studebaker getting busted in the windy city.

Old January 12th 14, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Default Bullet nose Studebaker getting busted in the windy city.

On 01/08/2014 06:20 PM, JR wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:43:26 PM UTC-6, Vic Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> http://theoldmotor.com

>> Terrific web site for old motors.

> I have an old Studebaker bullet nose ring with the bullet in the middle, just like the one in that theoldmotor.com picture. I am not sure just what year Studebaker it was originally on. I bought it at Goodwill a bunch of years ago.

1950 or 51.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 12th 14, 05:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 01/09/2014 08:20 AM, Tegger wrote:
> Bill Vanek > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:21:06 -0800 (PST), JR >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> http://theoldmotor.com

>> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.
>>

> And
> engine would be burning and leaking oil;
> engine would be hard to start in the wet;
> shocks and tires would have lasted 15,000 miles;
> steering would have lots of play in it;
> the brakes would be pulling, grabbing, and moaning, if they worked at all;
> the gas gauge would be broken;
> at least one door handle would not work.
>
> The good old days, indeed.

Actually a bulletnose Stude likely didn't have many of those problems.
That basic chassis and engine (1950 - Commander Six; 1951 - the classic
Stude V-8, 232 in that year) are the very definition of cast iron
reliable American engineering. Granted, working on a trunnion front
suspension requires tools and knowledge many don't have today...

nate

Old January 12th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:14:29 AM UTC-6, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 08:20 AM, Tegger wrote:
>
> > Bill Vanek > wrote in

> > :

> >> All rusted out in 7 years. The good old days.

> > And

> > engine would be burning and leaking oil;

> > engine would be hard to start in the wet;

> > shocks and tires would have lasted 15,000 miles;

> > steering would have lots of play in it;

> > the brakes would be pulling, grabbing, and moaning, if they worked at all;

> > the gas gauge would be broken;

> > at least one door handle would not work.

> > The good old days, indeed.

> Actually a bulletnose Stude likely didn't have many of those problems.
>
> That basic chassis and engine (1950 - Commander Six; 1951 - the classic
>
> Stude V-8, 232 in that year) are the very definition of cast iron
>
> reliable American engineering. Granted, working on a trunnion front
>
> suspension requires tools and knowledge many don't have today...
>

> nate
>

> --
>
> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
>
> http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I am 72 years old, I remember those old Studebaker cars and trucks very well. My brother had a buddy who had a new Studebaker Lark car. Google,,, Studebaker Lark Cars

On the road....a Hudson 05/14] - 100_4773 1951 Hudson Commodore 6 detail (windy).JPG (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Auto Photos 1 June 16th 08 03:58 AM
Dodged a bullet tonight necromancer Driving 6 April 7th 07 04:26 AM
Repost by request of Zilbandy: 1951 Studebaker Starlight Coupe Bullet-Nose Grille Detail Light Blue (H Ford Museum) CL.jpg 286162 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 8th 07 02:41 AM
Bullet Hole PJ Corvette 7 July 2nd 06 01:42 AM
Rust Bullet WES PEARSON VW air cooled 0 January 25th 05 08:30 PM